1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Disney movie - brother bear - what did I do wrong

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by datageek, Sep 17, 2004.

1. datageek

datageek Member

I backed up Brother Bear for the grand kids to use, but it came out funny. It's like a picture with a black 4" frame around it. I used DVD Decryper to rip to the HD, then wife used DVD Shrink. I re-ripped it, using the orginal with Smart Ripper and use CloneDVD2 to burn, came out the same? (scratch head) Is this where I use something to get rid of the multi-angles?
    Spirit is next and I don't want the same thing to happen. HELP!! Is there a guide for Disney movies??

tia
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AMD 1500, 120gb WD HD w/NTFS, 512k, Pioneer AO7 w/flashed firmware, BTC 16x DVD rom
    DVD Decrypter 3.2.30, DVD Shrink 3.2.15, Nero 6.3 w/paks 1,2&4,[/small]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2004
  2. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

Ok first off did you check the whole movie

because I know for a fact that Brother bear starts out that way Disney was trying some new thing (for theaters I believe) where the first like 15-20 min is in that format then the movies goes to normal look check that and let me know if this is what happened

3. toyfigure

toyfigure Guest

I had used DVD Shrink and Nero for all Disney movies without any problems (knock on wood)...except one, which the DVD itself was bad.

To me that's the ultimate combo:)

4. datageek

datageek Member

navi8

Thanks, your right. Have been teaching the wife to do burns, she's doing great too. I would rip it and she would burn it.

5. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

Glad I could help you out, Im actually in the process of teaching my wife the same

So far got her converting my AVI, mpeg xvid files using WinAvi ...not bad

And she has pretty much got down the whole process of ripping and burning DVD's

Next is (I HOPE...lol)
    teach her how to use DVDLab

but thats a whole other story

:)