1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Halo 2 thread..but hear me out!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Darkoed, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Darkoed

Darkoed Member

Ok I'm not one to ask the same question that's already been asked but I've looked all over the net but can't get any clear answer to my problem.

I have the Halo2.rar file..Pal version ..it extracts into a ISO file.

The files too big..so obviously you use the DVD5 kit to shrink it I thought. But the kit wasn't included so I did a search and found what seemed to be it. The patch came with a dozen files..one of which being an .exe file to patch the iso. So i place the files in the same folder as the ISO and run the exe. Wouldn't work. 'Cannot find the iso'. This seemed due to the filename of the iso being wrong. So i followed the NFO that came with Halo2 and it stated to rename the ISO to diff-hl2.iso. This I did and it still wouldnt find the ISO to patch it.

So...

Instead of going through that I extracted the ISO with Qwix to a folder and manually removed all the .xbe files minus the default.xbe. This as many have stated makes it small enough to fit on a DVD5.

So I remade the iso with Qwix and burnt with DVD Decryptor. On my XBOX (yes it is modded with the latest xecutor 2)..I simply get a blank screen.

Now I understand sending the game to the hardisk is better and I'm considering it if theres no way of burning to disk easily? But I haven't messed around with my xbox much to do so. I'm in need of setting up menus in the dashboard (to run game folders etc) but am not sure how to go about it. (I have linked my xbox to pc however) This is why I would prefer burning to disk.

Thanks for reading this long rant, I just hope someone knows what I'm doing wrong ;p

2. nastynath

nastynath Guest

You should try my dvd92dvd5 HALO 2 kit!

3. ViralMind

ViralMind Guest

Or you should try buyin the damn game its been out for a week now i mean like WTF!?!?!?!

4. the_real_

the_real_ Member

chill out viral maybe hes doesnt have the money and wants to burn it...after all its free

Darkoed: use his dvd9 2 5 kit it works like a charm and be sure to name your iso diff-hl2.iso

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  5. Darkoed

Darkoed Member

In the end it came down to just how I burned it. Nero worked..dvd decryptor didn't. Hmph.

Oh yea I do buy good stuff..no harm trying before you buy ;p.

Thanks anyway-