1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another nero installation error... HELP!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by 0monolith, Dec 13, 2005.

1. annagi

annagi Guest

Yes I have install 7.0.1.4.
    But he dont see my nec cd dvd burner.
    maby somebody can help me with this problem.

I have try everything but atlast I have open with the right mouse klik the install program and give all people in the list full acces for the program.
    And he runs.
    Sorrie for my bad englisch.
    When you like to know somethig more you can skype me annagi40.
    Or voipbuster name annagi.
    look when i am online.
    Best regards annagi

2. y0himba

y0himba Member

Ok here is what I can see from quite a bit of messing around. I uninstalled Nero 7 and all software with it. I deleted all Ahead and Nero directories. I ran Registry 1st Aid, and cleaned all references to Nero products out of the registry. I deleted the Nero and Ahead software keys, did a search for "Nero" and "Ahead" and removed any entries related to the Nero Ultra product.

I tried to run the Nero cleantool, but it told me there were Nero products not supported by the tool and it exited.

I rebooted the computer, then went to install a freshly downloaded Nero 7.0.1.4b. Got the same error. Tried the root of my C: drive, same error. Tried the root of my D: drive (actual physical drive) and got the same error.

So I went to the nero.7 directory and ran the Nero.msi. it started to install, got as far as copying files, then popped up an error that it could not find a cab file. I looked in the /cab directory and the file wasn't there. I tried extracting the Nero setup file manually, and the file is not included. I think this is the error, there is a misnamed cab file in the setup script, so it returns that it cannot create the temp files, because they are not there to create.

Now then, we need to find what files are in the missing or misnamed cab file, then create a cab file with those files in with the proper name. Question is, how many cabs are missing or misnamed?

EDIT: By the way, I then re-installed Nero Ultra Edition from my original CD. Version 7.0.0.0 installs perfectly. I think they changed installers, or updated the installer and messed something up. Wierd thing is, after removing all refrences to Nero in my registry and everything I could find on the system, it remembered my install preferences and serial number.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2005
  3. annagi

annagi Guest

y0himba.

Go to the insall program and klik by right mouse button.
    Give the program to all the names in the list full permission.
    When jou dont see this option go first to some map and klik extra.
    Then map options and than put out the option easy share files.
    Before make empty the femp file in localsettings.
    Then install and the program runs.

The clean tool also dont works by me but that its no problem .
    Only you must give the nero program full acces to all the names in your computer.
    Let me know off he runs.

annagi

4. y0himba

y0himba Member

Do you mean to use the "run this program as" function? I have tried setting the permissions on the folders for the installer. Please feel free to reply in your native language, I can translate it :)

5. nucciocat

nucciocat Member

ciao annagi,
    se ho capito bene sei italiana... ho anch'io lo stesso problema di mancata installazione di nero 7.0.1.4... se ho capito bene lo hai risolto... mi sai dire come?
    ciao e buone feste
    nuccio

6. y0himba

y0himba Member

I tried right clicking and setting the permissions to allow everyone full read write and modify access, still the same error. There is a missing or misnamed cab file in the setup script and I really think that is what is causing the error. Also, it seems that the installer changes the permissions on /cab/tmp to read only and them blocks the CREATOR/OWNER from making modifications? Is this some type of anti-piracy technique gone horribly wrong like the Sony garbage? Shouldn't apply to me as I purchased the product. I really wish Nero had support forums so we could discuss this with other Nero users...

7. SouthImp

SouthImp Member

Can anyone give a reference to a 7.0.1.2 download?

8. kamtudedi

kamtudedi Member

WTF is this:

[bold]Unable to load licensing subsystem. Please, re-install the aplication.[/bold]?

I was re-installed for many times, but same thing appear again...

This thing happend only when I launch NeroVision (7.0.1.4b)

Sorry for bad EngLang :|

9. y0himba

y0himba Member

You now, it's starting to look like they got a bit overzealous in their anti-piracy efforts. They screwed up the installer, and it is working for some people, but the majority are experiencing errors.

This is what happens to good software when they are so worried about losing those profits to pirate.

Betcha Nero is going to lose even more profits to messed up installers.

10. jivequest

jivequest Member

Had the same trouble. Finally, after over a week I got it working. How I`m not sure but heres how I did it. Downloaded Nero from their site. Extracted it into a new folder using WinUHA. Right clicked on cabs and changed them all to Winzip. Clicked on SetupX and it worked right away. Not sure why or how but I now have a perfect working copy of Nero. No problems with any of it. Only a newbie but was not gonna allow a software program to stress me out.

11. y0himba

y0himba Member

Jivequest: What do you mean "changed them to Winzip"?

I finally just said screw it, downgraded to 6.0.18, and send in a request for a refund. 6.0.18 has all the features and uses less resources. I can see no reson why they changed version? Someone who can research the site or whatever, maybe you could post ther differences here?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  12. phjones

phjones Member

Well, after a couple of hours, I've discovered a solution to the the Nero 7 installation problem. Go to the cab\tmp directory, from the command line, and type [bold]for %r in (..\*.cab) do expand %r . -F:*[/bold] to expand all of the cabs and then run the setupx again. For whatever reason, it seems that setupx is unable to expand...if you pre-expand, then it installs just fine. Go figure.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  13. gray71

gray71 Member

Hi can you please explain in English for me as Im a noob at this. Ta

14. nucciocat

nucciocat Member

thanks a lot, phjones.
    it works but when i start nero vision it stopped with a this message...
    i try to translate in english because i am italian

"impossibile inizializzare il sottosistema di registrazione del disco. Controllare l'installazione"

impossible inizialize the registration undersystem of the disk. Check the installation

I wait help

Happy new year
    nucciocat

15. Rgeek

Rgeek Member

phjones, here didn't work. After expand all files and run setupx, the same error message is displayed(the files of cab\tmp directory disappear too).

Sorry for bad English.

Happy New year for all!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  16. Katyusha

Katyusha Member

Hi there

I had the same problem. HAD :)

I realized that my Kits folder (where Nero kits was residing) and my
    TEMP folder were compressed (NTFS attribute). I uncompressed them
    and there it was, Nero installed just fine.

Hope it helps, it worked for me :)

Regards.

17. gray71

gray71 Member

Hooray it worked for me. While I was unchecking the Temp folders compress folders box I also noticed thet the folder was hidden. Unchecked both and it worked Thanks

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  18. Rgeek

Rgeek Member

Worked for me too. Thanks.

19. RudeYute

RudeYute Member

I've also had problems installing the latest version, but managed to get it going now by deleting the following form the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ahead\Installation\Families\Nero 7

HTH

RY

20. y0himba

y0himba Member

OMFG. WTF Ahead? Can't handle NTFS compressed folders? You have got to be kidding me, that is such a n00b error. I didn't need to delete the registry key, but removing NTFS compression from the install folder worked. Installed like a charm, even removed my version 6 install, rebooted and continued with no problem. UNBELIEVABLE. I wrote them yet another email that will go unanswered and probably unread. Now I don;t need to wait for my refund! w00t! WTG gray71!