1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another nero installation error... HELP!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by 0monolith, Dec 13, 2005.

1. kamtudedi

kamtudedi Member

How to uncheck compressing Temp folder (NTFS attributes)?

2. y0himba

y0himba Member

Right click the folder you are installing from. I extract everything to c:\temp, so I right click c:\temp, choose "properties" then at the bottom click "advanced" and at the bottom of that dialog remove the check mark from "Compress contents to save disk space". Then run the installer.

I emailed support yet again to inform them of this, but still no reply. I think its time I found another solution. I hate Roxio garbage, so that's a no-go. Any suggestions?

3. kamtudedi

kamtudedi Member

Tnx.

I already had unchecked these boxes, even before installation.

I will gonna try uninstall and edit registry (like RudeYute wrote)...

Hope that Melkior, Baltazar & Gaspar helps me out :)

4. Katyusha

Katyusha Member

Kamtudedi,

Make sure that the folder pointed by the TEMP environment variable is uncompressed. Nero installer is using that path, which, by default, is a Temp directory located in user's profile. That is, if my user is Katy, then the default value of the Temp environment variable would point, on an english XP, to C:\Documents and Settings\Katy\Local Settings\Temp.

So, this is the folder you should make sure it isn't compressed.

5. y0himba

y0himba Member

Don't get confused. If you have changed your temp variable, use the path you specified. If it is the default then the path above is correct, except insert your username in the place of "Katy"(Example: C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USERNAME HERE\Local Settings\Temp").

You may also need to unhide this directory in Explorer. Use: tools, folder options, view, look for "show hidden files and folders" and make sure the radio button is ticked.

You can use WinRAR to extract the Nero install file anywhere you want. Make sure that where ever the installer is extracted to is the path that is uncompressed by right clicking the directory and following the instructions above. If oyu are still having problems, then there is also a registry edit above that may work, I didn't need to use it. Make sure you export that key before you delete it, and back up your registry before editing. Good Luck!

6. Philtoche

Philtoche Member

I fix the problem (sorry for my language...)

I right click on the downloaded file (nero 7.01....) and click on "extrat file to..." (in french : Extraire les fichiers...)

I extract them on a folder on My Document.

Then, I click on "SetupX". The program run, detect that tere is an older version of nero (maybe Nero 6 create the original problem) and ask me if I want to uninstall it. I say "Yes". My computer needs to be restarts and the installation of Nero 7 begins.

Philtoche

7. rusty78

rusty78 Member

Ciao a tutti sono nuovo di qui. Ho lo stesso problema con Nerovision, c'è qualcuno che può spiegarmi in italiano come faccio a risolvere il problema? Nerovision quando parte mi crea delle cartelle in Documenti ma sono tutte Non compresse. Come faccio a vedere qual'è la cartella temp di Nerovision? Aiutatemi per favore. Ciao

8. cuziyq

cuziyq Member

I gope this isn't too late to help anyone. I downloaded the update and got the EXACT same problem. I finally traced it down to NTFS file system compression. If you use NTFS compression, make sure that C:\Documents and Settings\<your profile name>\Local Settings\Temp is not compressed. This fix worked for me.

9. y0himba

y0himba Member

Um...look up about 11 posts :)

10. kbryfan1

kbryfan1 Member

i can get the installation to work, but when i put my key in it says invalid... this is the 3rd one i bought and i have had to return. can someone plz help me

11. samkatz88

samkatz88 Member

Nero a complete disgrace.....

after days of trying to download the update 7.01.04 to fix my problem(buring rom won't run) I clicked the update file. A bunch of stuff,cabs, etc downloaded to some temp file and just sat their.

I found some executible setup, but the setup screen said "installing Nero 7 DEMO". I termininated the setup since I"m not installing a demo.

I'm sure the file version I downloaded is reads same as what's on webiste.

Any ideas???? I'm amazed about how this so called high end product can be so screwed up.

12. y0himba

y0himba Member

A: Read the thread, there are a ton of solutions in here.

B: Read the changelog on Nero's web site. The issue with the "DEMO" is addressed.

13. willo

willo Member

the problem is the compression tool of ntfs partion..
    so the steps are:

1) unzip your .exe into a folder
    2) uncompress the folder by going in Properties, then in Advanced window and unclicking the checkbox
    3) run setupx.exe

that's all :)

by willi

14. Ismaelm

Ismaelm Member

Please note: Nero installs the cab files in the temp folder, go to the following folder to delete the 'Nero7tmp'folder.

From the Desktop open 'My Computer'>Open Local Disk C:>Documents &
    Settings>Open your default folder which has your name>Click on Tools from the Menu>Click on Folder Options>Click on the tab view>Click 'show hidden files and folders'Close the folder options>Open the folder 'Local settings'>delete the file 'Nero7'
    and reboot the p.c..

Once the system is back to the desktop download and install the current version from the web- http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/nero7-up.php use your serial number to install.

15. y0himba

y0himba Member

7.0.5.4 has the same issues with NTFS compression. Be sure to decompress whatever folder you are extracting the install to. You can manually extract the files using WinRAR, right click on the install file, choose Winrar...extract here. Make sure the folder is not using NTFS compression.

16. freenfo

freenfo Member

MAKE SURE THE SPECIFIC TEMP FOLDER THAT NERO IS INSTALLING TO IS NOT COMPRESSED, THIS FIXES THE PROBLEM. PEACE.