1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another problem with my burner....

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Summoner, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Summoner

Summoner Member

I just imported an anime called Hellsing...on two discs...and ever since I've got my burner to cooperate I haven't have a problem (Granted I've been out of town for a month, but still...LoL)...but these DVDs are driving me nuts....neither DVD Shrink or Decrypter can get past it...on Shrink it's saying there's a cycle error...but the disc is pristine...and on Decrypter it's giving me a pop-up window with all sorts of errors....anyone have any suggestions?

2. Summoner

Summoner Member

Oh, and thanks again to ScubaPete for the help with my last burner issue. ^^

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Is that error your are getting: cyclitic redundancy check? AKA- crc error.

If it is, it's usually a bad spot on that disc that dvd shrink and dvd decrypter is trying to read. When they get to that certain spot during the analyzing or encoding,they will keep going around in circles,trying to get through that bad spot.

Try using dvd decrypter, set it on rip with brute force. Also set it to ignore all read errors. Decrypter is a more powerfull ripper. I haven't had any luck on it,but others have. Good Luck

Can you explain how you are trying to backup that movie? It sounds like you are trying to re-rip from a backup copy,or you may be referring to that disc as an original. Let us know on what and how you are trying to rip and burn. Some of these newer encryptions out there in the last 3 or 4 months have also been triggering this crc error.

4. Summoner

Summoner Member

It's a brand new disc, not a copy...but I'm going to go try your advice. I'll let you know how it goes.

5. Summoner

Summoner Member

This' what Decrypter is saying...

I/O Error!

Device: (My burner)

Scsi Status 0x02
    Interpretation: Check condition

CDB 28 00 00 32 B9 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read (10) - Sector: 3324216

Sense Area F0 00 03 00 32 B9 38 12 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 89 01 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: No Seek Complete

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Try setting dvd decrypter in the preference tabs to: Rip with brute force, and also Ignore all read errors. I never had no luck with it,but others have.

7. Summoner

Summoner Member

Well...I -THINK- it's going...but not sure...hit cancel and it asked if I wanted to remove some file related to the DVD...clicked Yes and now it's ripping...but...I have to run to work now...hopefully I'll come home to a surprise. I'll let you know what I find when I get back. And thanks for the help so far. ^^

8. Summoner

Summoner Member

Nope...froze halfway through it...go figure. -.-