1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another question

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by akabobo20, Mar 17, 2005.

1. akabobo20

akabobo20 Member

I know that on DVD+RW's that you can record something then stop it and then tomorrow record something else on the DVD. But on DVD+R, can I do same thing, or does it have to be continuous, or can I still record stop it and then record something later. Hope ya understand my question, Thanks.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Yep, That's what I do when I record Survivor. Burn 40 mins on a +r disc,pause during the commercials,edit out the comercials I missed.pull the disc out. Insert that disc again the following week to burn the next episode. You can't play it on another dvd player until you finalize it.
    Once it's burned,there's no erasing-but I can hide the ads that I missed.
    If your recorder is like mine,everytime you stop the recording,a new title will be inserted on that disc,that's why I pause it during the ads.

3. akabobo20

akabobo20 Member

So in other words I can record a 30 min show, stop it. And then tomorrow record that 30 min show again, then when I am done with that disk, I just finalize it. And another thing on my DVD+RW (that came with it) each time I recorded something a new title was made for that 30 min show, it'll do the same on the DVD+R right? Sorry I am so new to DVD Recording!

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

The +r's should do exactly what the +rw's do,except with erasability.I've got 5 speeeds of burning,but mainly use lp and sp modes.If you just want to put 1 hr on each disc,the HQ speed will give you the best quality picture.

5. akabobo20

akabobo20 Member

thanks for all your help saugmon!!!!