1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Ramone bites the dust

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by bigorange, Sep 18, 2004.

1. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I was reading the paper the other day and saw where Johnny Ramone died of prostate cancer.

First it was Joey from cancer at age 51, then Dee Dee died from a drug overdose in 2002, and now Johnny, at I believe, 51 also.

It is the end of an era. The Ramones were one of the first punk bands, and their use of a driving sound with songs lasting 1:30 to 2:00,( but boy what a 2 minutes!)set the standards for bands like the Clash, Sex Pistols, the Jam, and a host of others.

I was greatly saddened by Joey, then Dee Dee and now I again grieve for the loss of and certainly the demise of one of the greatest bands ever.

These guys did it for the love of the music, it certainly wasn't the money cos they never made that much.

I wore many a pair of ripped jeans, converse tennis shoes, and black leather jackets stealing my fashion sense from the Ramones. I bought every album they ever made and I saw them 5 times.

Here's to you guys, I think "I wanna be sedated".

2. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Bloody shame, one of the best bands i've seen in me life.

3. brian100

brian100 Guest

Yer...it's a sad state of affairs when a true great bites the dust. When Joe Strummer (from The Clash) dies a while ago..that was pretty hard to take. Let's hope Shane Macgowan of The Pogues can get his drinking problem sorted otherwise, I feel, he may be next.

For anyone wondering about The Ramones, who's never listened to em. May I suggest a few tracks :-

Cretin Hop
    Teenage Lobotomy
    Rockaway Beach
    Warthog

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

My brain is hanging upside down, beat on the brat, needles and pins,pet cemetary, heh heh.

5. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Punx unite: join 'THE ROXY 77' on soulseek chatrooms.

6. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Goddamnit The Ramones were one of the best, even if they weren't "around" in my age.