1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ANOTHER REBUILD GUIDE FOR PS2 USING NERO BURNING ROM

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by hursty, Jun 5, 2005.

1. ps2person

ps2person Guest

would i be able to backup Gran Turismo 4 with this method on the guide, acorse i would be using a double layer disc, and i have a slim ps2. and i looked in the files, and saw no dummie files, is that true?

2. hursty

hursty Active member

dummy files,known as "dummy bins/dats garbage",or whatever they are called,are placed in the image to beef up the size of the TOC(size of the file),they are a nuisance to swapmagic users,and swapmagic users alone
    anyone with a modchip,need not to worry about them

if you have a game that is over 4.3gb's (ish),then you may have trouble booting it with swapmagic,thats why we try to reduce the size down.

this is done by rebuilding,and removing unwanted items.
    sometimes these are hidden,and only until you extract all the folders out of the image separately,will you beable to tell whether or not the TOC Has been reduced
    you can risk not inserting the modified "text doc" at all,as it may work by simply leaving it out
    other wise,just create a text document,open it up and press space once,this gives you 1 byte.
    you could also use a dummy file maker
    rememeber,that these dummy bins are intended to make the game run faster,when booted off the original,not to annoy swapmagic users

3. hursty

hursty Active member

and in reply to GT4,the answer is no

4. Blue_Oval

Blue_Oval Guest

so, you can just simply burn the iso image to dvd then? you only bust the iso down if you are using swap disc method? i am using dms4 ezi lite

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2005
  5. hursty

hursty Active member

thats correct,modchips will boot anything,apart from dvd-9 copies,in which only certain modchips can boot them,there are only 2 that i know of,the matrix infinity,and the dms4,flashed

6. ps2person

ps2person Guest

Why cant i copy Gta4, god of war was i heard succesfully able to be burnt, and besides i heard somone say they burnt the game gt4, just wondering.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2005
  7. hursty

hursty Active member

because it needs a serious rebuild,there is a tool available made by sonix,not tested it myself,so cant say it 100% works or not
    there is a sticky you need to look at for more info
    i forgot about this game yonks ago

:)

8. shizznit

shizznit Member

i think most ppl want gt4 purely for the fact that hardly anyone has managed to successfully back it up

by the way i used this rebuild guide on nba street v3 and it worked a treat

cheers

9. shuke

shuke Member

I have NERO brand new edition, but i can t get to this "NERO BURNING ROM" you talk about. It always just takes me to NERO express or startsmart to create a data disc, but from there i cant set any of the options you talk of in BURNING ROM.

How do i get to BURNING ROM? I should have it in my pakage (6.6), but i just cant find it.

10. hursty

hursty Active member

11. shuke

shuke Member

thanks but thats the one that i just updated to. But i still cant find "BURNING ROM", soz to sound like a newb but could you just guide me through the steps on your PC you do to take you to BURNING ROM? I can t see it in startsmart.

ty

12. shizznit

shizznit Member

try going to your ahead folder and see if its in there

or when you load nero express click the below circled button to switch to the other mode

[​IMG]

13. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

You should see nero burning rom from the start smart screen:

[​IMG]

14. shuke

shuke Member

nope i dont have that in my applicaions drop down.

i only have expess, showtime, and cover designer

15. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

I got a not a vaild ps2 disc when I did Mercenaries.

Im going to cry,

Hursty should this game work useing this method?

16. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

WOW it does work.

My first mistake was clicking the UDF button and not the UDF/ISO.

READ THIS: step 7 confused me you said drag and drop from the top , My files were not shown in the right order in my folder.(so just keep isobuster open so you know the right order to drag and drop the files in)

I think this is were most people went wrong.

well just wanted to say thank you so much I been learning from you since i joined in april. I wish I could shake your hand!

SHUKE you can download nero the Demo from this site,that has the burning rom you may have to uninstall the nero you allready have Im not shure I have the oem suite and burning rom is also not on there.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  17. hursty

hursty Active member

about the order to drop them in nero,...>
    i dont think it matters what order they are placed to be honest,but i just put them there in the correct order,just in case..it does no harm

18. shizznit

shizznit Member

^^^^^^
    agreed

i always just drag the lot of them

i dont pay attention to what order

i may have just got lucky though

19. edwardzb

edwardzb Member

Just wanted to update my list as I've succesfully backed up a few more games.

GAMES I'VE SUCCESSFULLY BACKED-UP VIA THIS METHOD (listed sorted alphabetically):

!!NEW!! "MADDEN 2006" - 2x burn speed on a Memorex DVD-R. No dummy files and/or patches were needed. Game successfully loaded and played via a "Normal Boot" with Swap Magic Plus v3.6 DVD ROM DRIVER disc and a Flip-Top Cover on a Slim PSTwo (scph-70001).

"MAFIA" - 2x burn speed on a Memorex DVD-R. No dummy files and/or patches were needed. Game successfully loaded and played via a "Normal Boot" with Swap Magic Plus v3.6 DVD ROM DRIVER disc and a Flip-Top Cover on a Slim PSTwo (scph-70001).

!!NEW!! "NCAA 2006" - 2x burn speed on a Memorex DVD-R. No dummy files and/or patches were needed. Game successfully loaded and played via a "Normal Boot" with Swap Magic Plus v3.6 DVD ROM DRIVER disc and a Flip-Top Cover on a Slim PSTwo (scph-70001).

Thanks again to Hursty for the awesome guide.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2005
  20. NINVIN21

NINVIN21 Regular member

Thanks for the info but I dont think you need to rebuild all of them games to work.

Also I wanted to add metal gear solid 2 substance did not work useing this guide,

I also found a list of all the files you need to split this game into 2 discs but some of the files were missing not in the game,
    and of course It didnt work. So many threads, so little help.