1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another VHS to PC topic

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Ravener, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Ravener

Ravener Member

I'm trying to record some old home videos to the PC and DVD. I'm all set up correctly, VCR to PC via coax to a AVerMedia H751 Hybrid Analog/ATSC card that came pre-installed. I've used Media Center on a previous PC to do this successfully before, but now it seems Media Center can't lock in on channel 3. I've tried every combination of settings for the channel setup, and obviously the scan doesn't pick it up either. When tuned to channel 3 there is just enough of a signal to not produce the typical static, on channel 4 I get some crappy audio, but when changing back to 3 from 4 I get a brief flash of the video before returning to useless garbage. It's as if the VCR is broadcasting somewhere between the channels (which it isn't, works fine on the kid's TV on 3) or Media Center's channel 3 is just below "true" channel 3. All drivers and software are up to date, so any help would be awesome.

Edit: Yes the card has an S-Video input, but my VCR doesn't have the output, so I'd like to get through this without having to buy another VCR.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  2. aftaft76

aftaft76 Member

Try getting a $4 Svideo to Composite cable,

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-6IN-S-VIDEO-COMPOSITE-SVID2COMP/dp/B0000BZ2WC

I have the same card, was trying to get information on it.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  3. Ravener

Ravener Member

Thanks for the tip, I didn't think composite video could be adapted to S-Video for some reason.