1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another video audio synch problem

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by tre14, Dec 2, 2003.

1. tre14

tre14 Member

i followed minion's advice in another thread. I extracted the audio file and changed the length to the exact length of the video file. then a multiplexed the two files, which were equal lengths, but the video starts out good but ends up out of synch. what did I do wrong?

Another thing: why is it when i de-mulitplex a file, the video file is shortened by about 8 seconds compared to the original? thanks in advance for any help.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well that is Probably why you are haveing Sync Problems, If the Video is Suddenly 8 seconds shorter and you change the length of the Audio so it is 8 seconds shorter then you will get Sync Problems because the audio was not cut off 8 seconds like the Video...And you have to realize that Some files Just can not be Fixed..

3. KaMiKaZeE

KaMiKaZeE Guest

I believe I have seen the same thing as what you are talking about. Try just synching the beginning of the audio and video tracks without changing the length of the audio to match the video. They should actually be in sync all the way through the video even though the audio track appears to be longer. The last portion of the audio track is probably blank. Hope it helps.