1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another xbox question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by TheHouse, Mar 30, 2006.

1. TheHouse

TheHouse Member

Alright i got the surreal64 emulator on my xbox right now but when i put a rom on my xbox i cant play it in the emulator. Anyone can help me out its greatly apreciated thanks.

Mike.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

did you put the roms in the same folder as your emulator?
    I know that the N64 roms have been sketchy for me, i have had a real problem getting tem to work with any of the 3 emulators that are in the surreal64. I didn't try more than a few times as all my other systems worked fine.

3. handsom

handsom Regular member

When you say you can't play it, do you mean you can't *see* it in the emulator menu? Or does it not load?

A *LOT* of n64 roms don't load, because there simply is not enough power to run a lot of them. I've heard that by adding more memory, this problem canbe almost 100% resolved. It requires some skill, but not too much. There are two extra memory banks open on the system's motherboard, which you can solder on a specific 32mb memory module, and homebrew software will detect and use it fine.

But, more specifically, are you not detecting the actual files, or are they not loading? And what format extensions are they?