1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anti-virus

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by ravens1, Oct 12, 2006.

1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

ravens1, if you can't start your PC in safemode by pressing F8 do this..

click start click run type in msconfig click ok click the BOOT.INI tab and check the /SAFEBOOT box click apply then ok and your machine will reboot to safemode

2. ravens1

ravens1 Regular member

Im typing this from a library computer. You know what that means huh?
    you know how i said that i couldnt get in safe mode, how my pc would get back to advanced mode? Well, i checked the box in boot.ini, so when i started to get in safe mode, it wouldnt let me log on. No matter which option i select, like safe mode, start windows normally, or anything, it restarts the pc. So I CANT LOGON! MY COMPUTER IS BEANED UNLESS SOMEONE KNOWS HOW TO GET OUT!!!! (like press a button upon startup.

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

only other thing i know you could try to start it in safe mode is to crash windows on startup

do this start your machine when it gets to loading the windows screen turn off the power from the back of the PC or unplug it from the wall .plug it back it and restart it should go to safe mode then

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

The only other way besides what was mentioned above i can think of is to. Download a windows 98 boot disk from http://www.bootdisk.com/ and then boot your computer up with the disk and then try to start windows up via dos mode. C:\win

Type that command in.

I hope that helps. :)

5. ravens1

ravens1 Regular member

Thanks for everyones suggestions and help.(borhan9, aabbccdd, kent909, and niobis)I appreciated it.

After 113$ gone removing somehow about 3 pages full of lists of viruses from my computer, my computer is fresh and like new. The reason why i coulnt logon, is because my ram was absolutely full. The person who fixed it installed a big new ram. He also installed spywareblaster, which seems like a descent program. But again,there were like 200 viruses which were all like "your computer is affectede. It has blah many infections, download our new tools to remove." - like winantiviruspro, and a lot of spyware virus, viruses.

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

ravens1 , so you reformatted windows?

to keep your machine in better shape don't download movies/music or be very carfull

and use better AV and spyware programs .heres a few to consider

"Trend Micro" or Nod32 are good and "Spy Sweeper" and "Ewido" are great spyware programs and always use CCleaner which is a free tool

7. ravens1

ravens1 Regular member

I didnt reformat my computer... I still have my documents and installed programs. I stopped downlaoding music a while back, when it created viruses on my computer. I listen to aol music, and i buy itunes music.