1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antivirus Software

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by jazo1234, Jul 5, 2006.

1. rav009

rav009 Active member

No, it wasn't as you just edited it in now......

Reported, will await for a moderator to inspect this thread and see what happends.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Niobis, you are basically telling people to do piracy
    . also we give suggestions to people & let them try the programs. so if i see another post from you about piracy you might not like the results. understand!!!

3. Niobis

Niobis Active member

Yes, the quote you gave was piracy. But, that was about Spyware Doctor...I stated that it didn't work as they know it is not legit. I was not saying do it, I was saying that is what I needed to get rid of the infections. They are saying that how I use Panda is piracy. I don't think it is...you can decide but I only change the options of the program.

4. alafossb

alafossb Regular member

Hey Niobis, i am not trying to sound rude or butt in, but just to help ya out i think it would be smart just to drop it entirely ;)

|alafoss|

5. ddp

spyware doctor is for spyware not viruses. i have a problem that you had 4000 virus infected files on your computer, it was virus infected was it not & not spyware infected?

6. Niobis

Niobis Active member

Spyware Doctor helped me in no way. When I got the demo version I did a scan if found something like 1000+ infections but without the full version it will do nothing about it. Spyware Doctor is not only for spyware it will also find some viruses. Therefor, Panda is the only program I have found to rid me of all the 1500+ infections. As rav009 stated most of them were probably cookies. Yes, indeeed they were but Panda helped me rid my PC of the tools some hacker was using to hack my eBay account.

It was both viruses and spyware. All 4000+ was not viruses. They included tracking cookies, trojans, viruses, spyware, phishing tools, websearch assistants, and many many more. I have found that only Panda will detect all of these. All I was/am saying is that AVG helped me in no way. I didn't want to start a bunch of arguing. I was only giving the guy that asked this question some options about which program to use. I only said anything because of my terrific experience with Panda.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  7. ddp

8. pollution

pollution Regular member

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  9. ddp

pollution, what part of texas are you from as my grandfather was from galveston & i'm building a model of the uss texas battleship from an arizona hull.

10. pollution

pollution Regular member

I am in Beaumont, TX.
    Galveston is about a hour and a half from me.

11. Rickster0

Rickster0 Regular member

The best thing to do is to experiment with the protections to find what works best for you i used to get crap on my pc all the time but i kept experimenting and then once i found the right protection i formatted my pc which is why my windows is apparently illegal which some people may of heard me mention around the forum and since i have done this i have not had a single problem whihc viruses or spyware and if it ever did creep on my pc my virus scanner picks it up and stops it at 0kbs so it doens't even get chance to download.

Plus everyone gets tracking cookies it is pretty much unavoidable unless you never surf the internet or anything like that which is unlikely when you are reading this right now :)

12. redwash1

redwash1 Member

you can have the best S/W & still get viruses. Best defense is only download from trusted sites. And not opening unknown emails, shift + del for any unknowns. I use system suite for scans and always update signatures.

13. rav009

rav009 Active member

I use NOD32, Outpost Firewall Pro and Counterspy along with all my other fave on demand scanners, I stay reletivly clean :)

Read "So how did I get infected in the first place?" by the legendary TonyKlein for a tonne of great tips:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=279

14. Rickster0

Rickster0 Regular member

well i haven't had one infection, virus or trojan that my protection hasn't been able to stop :)

15. wd_2k6

wd_2k6 Member

I'm currently using Ewido, might try out this AVG though.

16. rav009

rav009 Active member