1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any 1 recommend a PC for sole purpase of downloading

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Chris_1, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Chris_1

Chris_1 Member

Hey i was wondering if anyone could recommend a PC that would be used solely for downloading movies,tvshows,xbox games. And burning xbox360 games. I use my ipad for the majority of internet related issues. Only ever use my laptop for downloading movies,tvshows,games.

So the specs don't need to be great. As long as im able to burn XGD3 xbox games. A Few USB ports for my external HD's to connect to. And a decent sized hard drive. I have a few 1TB external HD's tho so everything will be going on them.

Thanks alot, Chris.

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

anything p4. 512 ram will do.. xp is fine .. capability to burn xbox games is down to the burner not the computer.. I have burned them on a p2-266 with 128 ram successfully using cdrecord from command line...

3. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

if you dont want to mess about with xbox games checkout the xk3y, download and drag the iso to an external, job done, not one ban yet off live

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i havn't tryed burning xbox 360 games.i have done ps2 games and dvds on a p3 with 512mb ram.any computer will be capable of downloading if you have it connected to the internet.you should be able to pick up a pentium 4 for next to nothing 2nd hand put a bigger hard drive in it and you should be good to go.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  5. Chris_1

Chris_1 Member

Nice one guys going to check this out just now. Thanks.