1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any dvd & clonedvd2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mkaone, Dec 11, 2004.

1. mkaone

mkaone Member

Hello, I am wondering about these 2 programs.
    I noticed that after I downloaded anydvd it asks to access the internet. Should I worry about the communication of any dvd. I seen an article about they can keep a record of what you record. Is this real or bogus?
    The clonedvd2 program is there a easy way to learn how to delete stuff on the dvd you don't want?

I currently use shrink & decrypter(2 great programs), I learned them with the help of scuba Pete(fantastic member of afterdawn), and those 2 programs work great. So I was just wanting info on the other 2?

Also I was thinking about dual layer burning, does decrypt and shrink work with dual layer burning?

thanks
    mka

Just a quick ? can either of these programs back up my xbox & ps2 games? Also am I correct in saying if I did back up video games I have to have a mod chip and there's no getting around that.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2004
  2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi mkaone, I haven't heard anything about AnyDVD trying to access the internet. If yours is doing that it must be something new. I have an older version and it doesn't do that.
    To edit out a dvd with CloneDVD2 is very easy. Just open the Clonedvd and pick clone complete dvd including titles and menue. The next screen is a preview window on the left and a list of everything on the dvd in the right side. As you click each line on the right it will play in the preview window. All lines have a box in front with a check mark in the box. If you play a line and don't want it to copy, just uncheck that line and go to the next one. Same thing with the audio track screen. Uncheck the language you don't want. Very simple. I'm not into games so I can't help much there.

Jerry

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

AnyDVD is accessing the net to check for an update. To disable this go into AnyDVD's setting -> program -> uncheck "Automatically check for new AnyDVD version"

4. mkaone

mkaone Member

Thanks jerry and flip,

flip 218 should I let it stay connected or should I stopit. Can they tell what I am copying?

thanks
    mka

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  5. flip218

I've never heard of AnyDVD or CloneDVD2 reporting what we copy. You can disable it. I do, they send you an email when there is a new version anyways. Then you can just download it from slysoft.com

one small note. I've keep every version that comes out :)

6. mkaone

mkaone Member

cool and thanks

Also I was thinking about dual layer burning, does decrypt and shrink work with dual layer burning?

any thoughts

thanks
    mka

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Both Shrink and Decrypter work with dual layer

Decrypter seems to work the best for this.
    Its as simple as selecting "Mode" ISO Read R to rip it
    Then "Mode" ISO Write W to write.

[​IMG]

8. mkaone

mkaone Member

Thanks

So I just change that in decrypter. Do I still use shrink?

Yes another question, why do you save every version of anydvd?

thanks again for the help
    mka

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  9. flip218

For dual layer ... you only need DVD Decrypter, because DVD Decrypter is capable of ripping and burning. Just make sure you do it in ISO mode.

Even updates can have problems, so if the newest version has issues I can go back to a previous version until they work the bugs out :)

10. khenders

khenders Member

CloneDVD2 doesn't recognize that AnyDVD 4.5.5.1 has decrypted the DVD. It tells me the DVD is still copy protected. Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

11. bydasword

bydasword Guest

that happened to me earlier today...make sure that you open AnyDVD first, then put the dvd in, wait til AnyDVD has informed you that it recognized the encryption and removed it (usually a pop-up screen that comes up) and then open CloneDVD. Seemed to work ok, after that.

12. khenders

khenders Member

I did it the way you recommended, bydasword. I've tried it multiple times...opening AnyDVD first, waiting for the window saying it removed the encryption, then opening CloneDVD. No luck! Very frustrating!!