1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any experience with Pico Projectors?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by boozey, Apr 10, 2009.

1. boozey

boozey Member

Has anyone tried any of the recently released "pico projectors"? They seem like good way to share videos and photos, but I've held off so far because the first generation devices from Optoma, 3m, and others didn't seem cost-effective for leisure use.

Recently a ton of announcements for new pocket projectors have been flooding tech blogs, but having no experience with projectors I have no idea what to look for and what to expect. I don't need anything fancy, just something small that I can tote around easily, that's battery powered, and can project a 40-60" image on a wall or ceiling so I can watch movies and TV shows during breaks. A built-in speaker would be great so that I don't have to use headphones all the time. I'll be connecting it to my iPod or the DVD player in my mini-system so I will need flexibility for inputs.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. evosniper

evosniper Member

Yeah I have the AAXA Tech P1 Pico projector. It's $249 on Amazon.com. 640x480 resolution, 12 lumens, with a built in MP4 player, it's very cool. I don't have all the specs, but the manufacturer's website is here: www.aaxatech.com

For 40-60" you can't really do that in a bright room, but in a dark room you can easily blast 40-60" video - I watch 60"+ videos in my room all the time now. It does have an onboard speaker, but if you're in the car or on the plane, it's weak, you need headphones.

Here's a video I made of it playing off my Zune 120GB:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnutN1aGyZ4

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  3. boozey

boozey Member

I remember seeing this featured in the NY Times recently. Anyone else have experience with this projector? The features are amazing for the price.

4. boozey

boozey Member

5. Megapower

Megapower Newbie

Sorry if I'm updating an old thread, but I found this thread after a google search related to pico projectors.

You can see some nice wireless pico projectors on this site http://www.mega-power.com/#!projectors/ces7