1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any experienced DVDfab 8 user?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by RabbiTaoy, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RabbiTaoy

RabbiTaoy Member

Hi experts,

Before I get into the troubles i'm having with Fab, can any expert share what is the best way to backup my bluray originals into a 25GB disk with Fab? I prefer using the Full disc mode.

I'm having the below to issues with Fab and it's really wasting a lot of my time..

1. Have you ever tried to compress a 50GB iso image into a 25GB iso image using "Blu-ray Copy"? it keeps giving me an error message after "analyzing started" is done.
    It worked for me once when i was using the trial version. But I have been getting the "process failed" error message ever since I purchased it.

2. When I backup my original bluray into a 25GB bluray, during the compression the program seems to just stall. I don't know if it's just slow or if there's something wrong with the program, nothing moves at least for an hour. Is that normal?

thanks,
    Tao

2. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

Go to www.dvdfab.com
    Click on forum and join it
    They will be better to answer your questions there. Probably ask you to post a log so they can identify your problem. I do movie only and split between 2 disks if it doesn't fit on one disk. Until the price of 50gb disks comes down this is my method. I don't care about special features and menues as I spent my money on the movie. I watch the features once or twice and I'm done. I use verbatim 25gb LTH disks,pack of 20 for $26.99 at amazon with free shipping. Compression does take a long time but not moving for an hour is not normal. I have a lite on 212 burner and panasonic player and these disks perform great.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.