1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any good alternatives to IfoEdit?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by X_BuRn3r, Apr 15, 2004.

1. X_BuRn3r

X_BuRn3r Member

Hi guys...
    I seem to be experiencing various problems with IfoEdit when authoring and Xvid with an .ac3 sound file...I have come to the conclusion that this may be something to do with the incompatibility issues regarding IfoEdit and WindowsXP.
    Does anyone know of any other alternatives to IfoEdit which are just as good in the quality of output?
    Much appreciated for your time guys!

2. X_BuRn3r

X_BuRn3r Member

Oh yeah...please don't say TMPGEnc DVD Author as when i try to add my .ac3 sound file to it, it gives me the error message "Illegal audio format...For standard DVD you can only use the following audio formats...Dolby Digital (AC-3), MPEG-1 Audio Layer-2, or linear PCM"
    I now have a big pile of coasters as every program i try ends in the result of no audio on my dvd-r even though i have the ac3 codec from this site and have followed every guide to maximum detail also given on this site.
    Cheers guys.

3. TheMush

TheMush Member

Use Tmpgenc DVD author, but put the audio through BeSplit (Using the BeSliced GUI) before hand. Drop the ac3 file into the BeSliced window, choose Fix and it will make a copy of your audio with "fixed" added to the filename. Tmpgenc DvDa will now accept it.