1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any ideas on how i stop optus ringing me

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by xboxdvl2, Jul 19, 2011.

1. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

ive had optus ring me twice in 2 days trying to change my mobile phone from prepaid to a plan.i was rude to the woman that rang from optus (the 1st time)but it didnt stop her ringing a second time.the second time she said she said she needs to confirm my details i told her you should know who your ringing and hung up.is there anything i can do that is legal to stop them ringing me and hassling me.also i am on medication which has side affects one of them is first thing in the morning when i take my medication i dont even know what im doing and dont want to do anything stupid like sign up for a plan.

2. attar

attar Senior member

I adopt the passive aggressive style ("who are you"?) - that way you can't later be accused of issuing threats or abuse and I never answer a question (not even 'how are you') except with irrelevancies or counter questions.
    It often seems to be the case that people will (rightly) take exception to being importuned on the street, yet accept it over the telephone.

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

its 6days after my original post and now they have rang me a total of 6times.friend of mine works in customer service and said contact the telecommunications ombudsman so i might do that.

4. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

easier way.. just ask then to hold.. put the phone to one side and forget about it.. after waiting a couple of hours each time they give up..