1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Known Nero Conflicts?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Bruinguy, Feb 18, 2004.

1. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Bruinguy,

I don't see anything here that looks as if it is a problem -- I’m sure it’s nothing that an “F Disk” couldn’t cure but, if you're anything like me, well, it would be too much trouble to re-do my system - I’m not a young man any more and I have far too much stuff on my “puter” to think about doing that -

[bold]Hey "Doc"[/bold] Not only does this young man have a problem getting Nero to work but so does "fasfrank" - I know you don't hold Nero in the highest regard but do you have any thoughts on the matter -

I'm sure Frank would surely appreciate it - I already sent them Nero Utilities and Nero Clean tools, both are recommended for Nero’s in trouble -

"P"

2. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya guys,

I have had a read through this thread, so here are some thoughts:

1 - NvCpl & nwiz are nVidia software [bold](OK)[/bold]

2 - tfswctrl: packet-writing software from HP [bold](REMOVE IT)[/bold]

2 - DVDBitset: HP writing software [bold](REMOVE IT)[/bold]

3 - DVDTray: HP writing software [bold](REMOVE IT)[/bold]

4 - RunDLL16: backdoor trojan, look here:
    http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/rundll16/
    [bold](REMOVE IT)[/bold]

5 - Winampa: winamp agent, of no use, uses resources, disable in Winamp properties [bold](REMOVE IT)[/bold]

6 - LVCOMS & ISStart are Logitech Quick Cam [bold](OK)[/bold]

7 - jusched: Java Update Scheduler [bold](OK)[/bold]

8 - zlclient: ZoneAlarm [bold](OK)[/bold]

9 - qttask: Quicktime Tray Icon [bold](OK)[/bold]

10 - NeroCheck: Nero [bold](OK)[/bold]

11 - NVMCTRAY: nVidia software [bold](OK)[/bold]

12 - RuLaunch: McAffee Updater [bold](OK)[/bold]

13 - Logitech Desktop Messenger: obvious [bold](OK)[/bold]

So it is pretty obvious, NO!!

You really should learn to secure your system properly, the trojan could never have gotten in if your A/Virus was configured correctly, and it could not run if your Firewall was configured correctly.

Self-inflicted problem, now you know what to do.

[bold]Pete:[/bold] I shall PM frank to see what his problems are.

Seeya....
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Life is just more of the same:[/small]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

[bold]tfswctrl: packet-writing software from HP (REMOVE IT)
    DVDBitset: HP writing software
    DVDTray: HP writing software (REMOVE IT)
    [/bold]
    All burning software should be 'completely' uninstalled (perhaps a de-frag to tighten up operating drive) before installing Nero again.
    I am still using Nero 6 Ultra Edition (6.0.0.0) as it is as stable as WinXP ;)

(apart from NeroVision Express , but that has always been a load of ol' pony - LMAO)

4. drchips

drchips Active member

Herbs is right, [bold]All burning software should be 'completely' uninstalled[/bold] where I differ with herbs is he would have you install Nero again but I would recommend a "decent" program like RecordNow Max

Sorry herbs ;)

5. Bruinguy

Bruinguy Member

Wow, thank you for the info...as far as the Rundll16, do I just delete from my system folder?

okay, I went through the proper removal technique

As well, the other items that you recommended that I remove, do I just uncheck them in my msconfig?

Thanks a lot!!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2004
  6. herbsman

Use whatever you'd normally use to get rid of unwanted things ;-)
    I personally use Norton Systemworks 2003 at the moment & if I scanned ... Norton would find back door program and automatically quarantine it (then you can manually delete)
    Different strokes for different folks tho eh !
    Self explanitory !: ]-~

7. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

Bruinguy I had a hell of a pain setting up a hp dvd re writer 200 i to burn with nero I finally found nero 6 works but 3 other trial versions were a total pain and would not recognise My driver

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Guys,

I definitely screwed the pooch on the RunDll16
    didn't I (Truly sorry about that) and no, I didn't look it up - I won't make that mistake again, MIA culpa -

Perhaps if one of you has the time, and would like to put it either here, on the thread or PM me with the explanations for the following -

I don't understand the problem with the HP programs and Nero - I am aware of the conflict between and them and DVD XCopy software (321's programs don't like to be in the same country as any other programs) but as you can see in my signature, HP hasn't caused me any problem with my operation of Nero 5.5 and Nero 6 - I also don't understand problem with Win Amp which again I'm running along with it's companion, Dee2 - a little enlightenment would insure that I don't make the same mistake again -

Pete

9. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya Pete,

If I remember correctly, the HP software has a common progenitor codebase with Roxio product (from the old days of Adaptec) - we all know about Roxio/Adaptec and Nero co-existing (or not, as is normally the case)....

Running Winamp is not a problem, but the Winamp AGENT running in the background takes up resources and on very odd occasions can interfere with data access (Winamp runs fine with the agent disabled).

What is Dee2 ??

Byeeee..

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Doc - Dee 2 is all the stuff you can add to WinAmp (but paid for) makes all the difference in the sound -

Pete

11. Bruinguy

Bruinguy Member

Okay, let me throw another thing into the fold. I went and got (from a buddy for now, until I get things working) Record Now Max 4.00. Here is some information, it's a lot but I hope it helps.

I'm in the software and it doesn't even let me set the HP DVD300i as the recorder drive. I've gone into the Disc Explorer and Drive Properties and looked around. I clicked on the Recorder Self-Test button and it says 'Only Recorders can use this function.'

One other thing is I've put in a brand new blank Memorex DVD+R in the drive and on the same window I mentioned in the last paragraph under the title 'CD Text Read' it says:

'Disc Read Error - Command:43 Sense:05 ASC:24 ASCQ:00

Nero was working just fine until I put in a new hard drive and reinstalled XP. I don't recall doing one thing different on the last install either.

To all you guys (and gals, who knows eh?) thank you for the help so far and the future help that you are about to give me.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2004
  12. herbsman

13. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,

If you are happy with Nero, then I suppose that is what you should be aiming for.

When I said RecordNow Max, I wasn't saying you should get it - but seeing as you have aquired a copy (an old one that does NOT support your drive) maybe you should be looking at this version of it, it DOES support your drive:
    http://www.sonic.com/products/recordnow/recordnow/default.asp

Have fun....

14. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Msconfig is meant to be used as a diagnostic not a permanent solution. Look in ad/remove to uninstall the various apps.

If you want to fiddle with startup apps try Startup ControlPanel.

http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml