1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any new iPod models on the way...?

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by danb7777, Apr 6, 2007.

1. danb7777

danb7777 Member

This probably gets asked all the time, but are there any new iPods coming out soon? With new features and stuff. I've just broke my 30gb video, and I want to get a new one, but I was wondering if I should hold out for any models that are to be released.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

There have been rumours of the new 6th Gen iPod Video to come out...but these rumours have been around since the beginning of last year and I'm not sure how real they might be.

Here's what the supposed 6th Gen iPod is going to look like:
    http://techfreep.com/is-a-full-screen-video-ipod-coming-tomorrow.htm

If you are willing to spend 500-600 dollars on one of these then I say wait until the next new iPod comes out. But if you don't have a huge budget, then you should probably go with the current iPod Video.

That's just my suggestion, but the decision really comes down to what you want and if the touchscreen thing will be that huge of a deal for you personally.

Hope this helped. ;-)

3. danb7777

danb7777 Member

Cheers!

4. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Glad to help. ;-)

5. andersg

andersg Regular member

That fullscreen iPod looks neat. I would imagine the screen would bust easily though.

6. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Yeah you would think, but let's just hope that Apple has enough sense to make a less self-destructive screen this time around.

7. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

or if you can check out the iPhone.

8. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

yea the iphone's maddd nice. im deff gettin it.

9. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

The iPhone is pretty cool, but I meant the iPod itself is just a rumour, one with much more memory. I think I will probably get an iPhone when it comes out, because I already have Cingular anyways. Does anybody know how much it's going to cost?

10. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

yea it's $500 I think. thats kinda a lot so I might way for $400, cause that's reasonable. I have tmobile with an expired contract, so I will be converting to cingular for the phone and others that have it as well.

11. andersg

andersg Regular member

$400 still seems crazy to me for an iPhone since I already have an iPod Video and a Cell phone. Even though I would like to have it.

12. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

that's pretty reasonable if you think about it logically. for example an iPod Video would run you $250 and a Smart Phone would run about $200. so if you combine those around $450. I would prefer the iPhone though because you wouldn't have to carry both, and also its slim. Plus its capabilities are far more advanced than anything ever made.

13. andersg

andersg Regular member

Yeah, If I had the cash I'd think about it

14. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

it's just that i have never bought a cell phone. I curently have a Sony Ericsson T610 for T-Mobile, which I have had for the last 3 years, and the battery doesnt last very long. Also it was free after mail in rebate.