1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any New-Years resolutions?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by indienemo, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

How about a custom rifle chambered for the .50 McMillan FatMac? What's that you say?

It's a 20mm cannon round that has been shortened then necked down to .50 caliber. It has a modified primer pocket insert that uses a tube to provide foreward ignition of the powder charge which itself exceeds 330 grains of powder (a .308 uses about 50 grains). What's all this mean?

It means the FatMac launches the same 750 grain bullet that the .50 BMG does except it's going in excess of 3,400 fps compared to the BMG's 2,700 fps. The useful range is extended and the bullet drop is significantly less than the standard .50 :)

2. indienemo

indienemo Guest

hehe guns....is there anything they cant do?!

3. Nephilim

You'd be amazed at the cartridges they've come up with. On the small side there's a wildcat called the 14-222 that used a .14 caliber bullet weighing only 11.4 grains but it'll zip out of the barrel at almost 4,500 fps - that's getting darn close to a mile a second :)

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

so heres a wildcat, wheres the gun you gonna shoot him out of

[​IMG]

5. askyew

askyew Regular member

Mine is to quit killing drifters to make myself feel better about my own inadequacies.

Nah I think I will lose a few pounds

6. Nephilim

One of those chicken guns but alot bigger :)

7. indienemo

indienemo Guest

askyew theres a poem about that by Simon Armitage.. you should look it up :)