1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any news on sky Italia hd or sky UK hd

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fintannl, Jul 28, 2015.

1. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

In the past I used to have a motorized dish that picked up most everything. These days I have just got totally lazy. With normal, film and sports channels and tsmedia included, I have more than enough. That said I do wonder if there has been developments on the HD issue. If I were to think where it might start it would be on sky Italia. There has been many posts on different forums to say that was sorted but I won't hold my breath. However if there was something positive in Italy I would be hopeful of further developments. Sorry for the lazy post. Interest waning :).

I should add that I got taught by a mystro when I played the game. Since then he has pulled back. Age is a terrible thing :). And now its my turn. Hats off to piopat. He's jumped in there and is without doubt the current expert on this subject. Pio, kudos to you mate

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  2. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

I have read on a few other places about Italia and even UK HD has been sorted for the last while but it seems on a closed commercial server. If it's true (which many have stated it is and is working) they'll milk that for as long as possible. I'm sure you've seen the same.

3. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Mooley, have heard likewise. That said all those folks you mention who enjoy the wonderment of HD seem to be connected to a server that most everyone you know isn't connected to. Make you wonder?

4. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

You'd never know. Certainly not going to try it myself mate.

fintannl likes this.
  5. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

my mate has virgin running on an amiko all in crystal hd, hes paying £70 per year and said the server is solid, Have seen said box box running and for the price of it plus sub its great value, thinking of getting one myself.

6. gerbo1958

gerbo1958 Member

I swapped from KV to amiko in feb its spot on ,yeah you pay a sub but its well worth it ,no trouble so far.all HD and as tongs says its crystal clear.

fintannl likes this.
  7. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

i swapped to kv to sky when sky was hd and it was nice, but now i feel im missing out :( lol, but yeah the virgin shares certainly aint hens teeth anymore

8. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

also cant see virgin changing their encyption anytime soon, i bet nagra three cost them millions

fintannl likes this.
  9. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Most likely there is an equivalent share on UPC in Ireland. I tend to go with tongs viewpoint that it may be some time before the cable companies introduce new encryption systems after the cost of n3. Pity I'm not in a cable area.

It is interesting that while folks have heard of sky Italia and UK working on satellite, nobody has witnessed it first hand

10. Mooley

Mooley Regular member

There are equivalent shares for UPC.
    I'm sure someone has witnessed Slyit and uk somewhere somehow. Just we won't see it for quite some time I'd imagine.

11. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

UPC cable shares have been working in Ireland for a good while now and all in glorious HD, like most have heard that HD is back on sat but again I haven't seen it for myself, perhaps Piopat will have a better answer.

12. cactikid

cactikid Active member

one thing with amiko is if in a poor signal area hd may pixelate due to weak tuner .

13. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

well a wee update, i have just bought an amiko combo for 125£. includes a years sub on both sides, running flawlessly and have HD back :) one happy chappy and i think the price was bang on :)

14. cactikid

cactikid Active member

lucky you lol