1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any one have a ilo DVD Recorder With 80 GB Hard Drive, DVDRH04, from Wal-Mart,is it a good recorder?

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Joecephus, Nov 24, 2004.

1. DonnyDon

DonnyDon Member

Forget it it doesnt load, and It seems to have the same file name as the dvdr04......And this is what ILO sent to me in my email address.are they shitting me..... these guys suck!!! Gonna call walmart and make a shit storm!! I think we should all call them on the same day...

2. rob730

rob730 Guest

returned my DVDRH04 back to walmart on Monday. The new one works as it should. I can now record dvds that play on other dvd players even with audio. The old one I first purchased had a july 04 manufacture date (small label on side of box). The new one was manufactured in september 04. What I had was a defective unit that caused me nothing but headaches. I hope this helps someone out who have had problems with this recorder

3. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

DonnyDon

That is a R04 file, not an HD04.

I have noticed that a lot of people are referring to the HDD model as the DVDRH04 instead of DVDRHD04. If you are e-mailing ILO support using DVDRH04 and they don't look at it closely, they may be assuming you're asking about the R04 and not the HD04.

That may be why they sent you the R04's latest firmware.

You can be sure that if anyone gets the HD04 firmware before it hits their website, I will have it posted for everyone to download.

4. spennine

spennine Member

new firmware for DVDRHD04 is posted!

5. DonnyDon

DonnyDon Member

I need some help. Is there any way to make copies of a REAL MOVIE DVD to the HARD Drive? Also i cant seem to get the LP mode with the Hacked Firmware. Any ideas?

Thanks

6. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

DonnyDon,

I you are refering to the hacked HD04 firmware, it does not have LP 3-hour mode yet but it's being worked on. The hack only disables Macrovision.

The ILO will not copy regular DVD's to the HDD. It will only copy DVD-VR discs. The only way to back up your DVD's on the ILO is real time through the A/V inputs using another DVD player (and, of course, the MV hack installed).

7. DonnyDon

DonnyDon Member

Thanks GTRMAN but im actually thinking about selling it or something. Maybe get the Liteon 5045 or the Toshiba 80gb. Have you noticed on the ILO that in Time Shift the quality worsens. But in record in HQ it doesnt it looks good. I had thought thered be a hack to make it into a Liteon 5045 but i think thats wishfull thinking. What do you say?

8. DonnyDon

DonnyDon Member

Im wondering if its possible to take a harddrive from another dvd recorder/Harddrive device such as lets say a toshiba and install it in My Ilo dvdrh04 and have it work with all the toshiba features. Can anyone shed light on this. If so wouldnt we be able to take a Image from a Lite-on 5045 and just install it on our harddrive(maybe wed only have to upgrade the HardDrive) Anyone have any ideas because this timeshift on the ILO stinks whats the point if i cant record during it, or rewindn and fast foward during record. Starting to wish i had my tivo back.

9. DonnyDon

DonnyDon Member

My 3rd post for the day..........anyone ever see some GREEN TINT? This thing is a peice of CRAP!!!!!

10. nhrslb

nhrslb Member

Does anyone know the remote control code for the ILO DVDRHD04.

Thanks

11. DonnyDon

DonnyDon Member

I called ILO and they said they dont have a REMOTE CODE. I thik the only kind of universal remote that will work is a LEARNING remote control. And the cheapest one ive seen is $50 bucks. Best thing people sell the ILO get a TOSHIBA, The lite-on has the same problems and some more. This thing sucks TOTAL GARBAGE PICTURE

12. nhrslb

nhrslb Member

Thanks for the info DonnyDon.

By the way, I have 2 learning remotes both by UEI (8810 $20 at Wal-Mart & a 9960 Kameleon $70). The problem is they will only take in about 25 learned commands and inputting the keypad alone from the ILO remote would use about half. If anyone is interested in buying a remote look at the 9960 Kameleon, I really like it.

As for the ILO DVDRHD04, I tried 4 other DVD Recorders before settling on the HD04 (Sony RDR-GX300, Magnavox MRV640, Balance DR4111 and the ILO DVDR04) and all were junk except for the ILO DVDR04. So I decided to try the ILO HD04 and I like it the best. I have not tried the TIME SLIP but won’t use it anyway because I have a cable DVR. Everything else I tried works. Oddly enough the TV tuner on my HD04 turned out to be the better than all the others, so I am keeping my HD04.

13. rbwok

rbwok Guest

I also would like to add my 2 cents worth on the positive side for my ILO dvdrhd04. I read up as much as I could before purchasing, but the price and availability was the deciding factor. Yes thay have had 2 patches since I bought it about 2 months ago but I think that is good. At least they are looking and working on problems the customers complain of. Getting to the website for the patches are is a breeze, it downloads quick, installs easy. I know of a lot of sights of big name companies that you might spend a hour or so just trying to find the section where there is supposed to be a software download of some sort, then have it hang and abort, etc. If I had to complain about anything, it would be that on a weak signal channel, yes their tuner isn't as good as my TVs. But as long as the signal is clean to me the picture is excellent. I don't experiment much with splitting and/or rejoining files so I can't comment much there. I guess it just depends on what you are expecting. DVR's is still a new area for the masses.

14. DonnyDon

DonnyDon Member

I jUst bought the TOSHIBA 80gig Dvd recorder with HArddrive $389. SOOOOOOOO much better than the ILO in every way but one. I have about 200 copies of movies i made and it wont play them. I dont think it plays copied movies. So no choice but to return it and stay with the Ilo because i cant just have 2 dvd players i want one to play them. I would be happy with the Ilo if i was able Record when i was in TimeShift. Also If the controller was better.....It doesnt control the volume or TV Power so im stuck using 3 controllers

15. dfwhomer

dfwhomer Member

Need help. I downloaded the latest firmware update for the DVDRHD04. I burned it to a CD-R and finalized it as instructed. I put it in the tray and closed it. The screen read it and showed it as a data disk, but never prompted me to do anything like the instructions stated it would. I even went as far as downloading the file again, burning ANOTHER copy and trying it again. No luck. I called Ilo phone support, sat on hold for 30 minutes, spoke with someone who finally told me that they would forward my info/prob to a Sr. support person who would get back to me in 48 hours. A week later they responded telling me to unzip the file if it was a .zip, which it wasn't, to finalize/close the session after burning and to make sure I used a CD-R. All of which they knew I had already done. Like I said, I need some help if anyone has had this problem and can offer a solution. Thx.

16. spennine

spennine Member

dfwhomer, try a different brand of CD-R when you burn the new firmware.

if that doesn't work, try burning the data disc on a different CD burner.

sounds like your problem may be related to the CD-R media and/or burner that you've burned the updated firmware with.

17. Gtrman

Gtrman Regular member

The HD04 has now been hacked for 3-hour LP mode. Get the latest hacked firmware from my ILO firmware page.

18. dfwhomer

dfwhomer Member

I am using a Maxell CD-R and a Nero buring program. Never had a problem before. However, the CD-R does say "Music" on it. That might have something to do with it.

19. DonnyDon

DonnyDon Member

GREEN TINT. The GREEN TINT problem has been solved in the LITEON model. The problem was a Line in the FIRMWARE. ILO claims they dont know anything about this. Look closelly at the colors in your LIVE TV or DVD's and youll see green blotchy discoloration........Anyways it solved on the LITEON. But will ILO release it, when they claim its not there problem and have no clue what i was talking about..anyways i moved on to the Philips hdrw720 now....It it PERFECT in every way....i got it for $320, cant wait for the ILO to be fixed or hacked for more features its taking to long.....goodluck all

20. zambonima

zambonima Member

Will updating the firmware cause any problems or loss of the programs saved on the hard drive?