1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any one using 90 minute cdr's?

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by dagobaker, Nov 10, 2002.

1. dagobaker

dagobaker Guest

was going to buy some 90 minute cdrs, they are more expensive but i night be able to fit a whole movie on one vcd.

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Note that in Mode 2 (VCD, SVCD) you can fit 800mb to a 700mb, due to lesser error correction.

3. dagobaker

dagobaker Guest

i know that, i figured that i could fit over 900 mb of information with a 90 minute. wondering if anyone had any experience with th larger cds............thankx

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

I don't think that there are any quality issues in 90/99min CDs. The problem is that they are not standard discs and many devices have problems playing them and of course your recorder needs to support them too.

5. flox03

flox03 Guest

could you say more about mode 2 burning?is it possible to burn a 90 min movie on one VCD?
    thanks for help

6. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

flox03,

It's not as straight forward as that. The fact is that in mode to CD carries more data, since there is no error proctection coding, so more capacity is available.

VCD on the other hand can have different bitrates (bits used per second of movie), so the minutes fittend on a CD can differ. VCD and SVCD use mode 2. For SVCD you typically can fit 45-60 minutes of good quality video for an 80min/700mb disc - this is when you are encoding the movie by yourself.

Browse our video related forums and read afterdawn.com's articles section. This forum is strictly for media related discussion.