1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any opinions on the Sharp DV-HR300?

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by dizzydz, Apr 21, 2004.

1. IanMorty

IanMorty Member

Hi There...still looking for some help...a couple of people responded (Thanks..)and I tried out the patch....everything seemed to do what it should (after Disc 1 - Firmware went to 208) and (after disc 2 - firmware went to 307) - but i still get the message - "Region Code of Disc is wrong" - any advice to solve this would be great....am kind of getting bored of NZ TV and would love to rent a DVD !¬!!!

2. zoeselina

zoeselina Member

Hi all. What a great community! I've been digging through the posts and so far I haven't found anything to answer my question, so apologies if this has been asked/answered before.

I bought my DV-HR300 in Australia, but have moved to Norway and brought it with me. I've been trying to set the channels so we can record Norwegian TV, but since they were preset to Australian channels, I can't actually tune in all of the Norwegian channels even using fine tuning. Has anyone else had a similar problem or has some advice for me? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

3. hanugro

hanugro Member

I could be wrong but your player may be PAL only (have only PAL tuner). You should have sold your player down under and buy a new one.

4. hbgoh

hbgoh Guest

Well, after one year, exactly to the day, the DV-HR300 died on me.
    Called the service centre on 30 Apr 07. The warranty expired on 28 Apr 07. The technician called this morning and took back the machine and claimed that they will have to charge me for repair as I called them two days late.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and will post later development. Meanwhile hang on to your cold hard cash!.

5. petomane

petomane Guest

*Calling Silver64*

Hello John,

You mentioned in the forum that you'd bequeathed your Sharp to your daughter, and replaced it with a Panasonic.

Well, my machine is DEFINITELY going tits-up now. As you'll recall, I haven't been able to re-record with the DVDwriter for ages, but at least I've had a terrific video recorder. Now I've got the 'can't edit this disc' message again, even though I reinitialized the hard drive a week ago, and there's stacks of space left on the HDD. Time to move on, I suspect.

Sooo....word on the street is that you've got yourself a new DVD recorder! Would you mind letting me know which one you picked - and why? And whether you'd feel inclined to recommend it? Demned nerve, I know, but after two-and-a-half years it's time I took the plunge again...

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Regards,

Peter.

6. hbgoh

hbgoh Guest

Hi all, I just got back my recorder from sharp. They claimed that since it is out of warranty by one day, I had to pay for labor at $55 but waive part cost of $290 (for 80Gb HDD). I paid to get back my recorder but they refuse to return my old HDD. I was surviving on my 2 years old LG DVD recorder which was going strong.

Any opinion out there? Should I pay for the labor? demand for the old HDD back? Opinions appreciated.

7. volcom99

volcom99 Member

Hi, when i download the .exe its literally like 20kb is that right? when i run the exe i just get a DOS window that does nothing, no option to extract or anything.

Does anyone have a link to or a copy of this file so i can make my player multiregion.

Please email file to adamunsworth@gmail.com or post here.

Many thanks

8. Paitonii

Paitonii Guest

My HR300 has finally joined the rest on the heap and won't produce any color.

I need to buy something new.

Are there any digital devices that are as clever as the old analogue VHS and can record in the background while you are watching a different program.

Help

paitonii

9. hanugro

hanugro Member

Take a look at pioneer model. I am fully sattisfied with it.

10. jennymac

jennymac Member

Hi all,
    I am having similar problem obtaining region-free code for my dv-hr350. My fault leaving it so long, the original links are no longer active.
    If anyone has new link or copy of discs required please email me at h6300@yahoo.com.au or respond via this forum.
    Machine was purchased in Australia, but want to be able to play discs from other regions and rewritable discs also....
    any help would be much appreciated!!
    Thank you!
    Jenny

11. nylonnet

nylonnet Member

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  12. wook

wook Member

mine has just started not recording to dvd-rw's for no apparent reason. Once or twice a week i record stuff to dvd-rw to put it onto my computer. Now I can only record to dvd-r...which will waste a lot or dvd-r's if I continue. Would there be any fix for this? If not it may be time to upgrade.

Are there ant dvd recorders on the market that can connect to pc's or could use usb storage devices to transfer vids to a pc?

13. tatooin

tatooin Member

hello
    I had problems with my harddisk on my sharp receiver (DV-HR300). I have removed my hard disk from the receiver DV-HR300 and I Have formated it with my computer. Unfortunately, now my receiver doesn'nt recognize the hard disk any more and I don't know what to do? Does an firmware exist which is able to make my receiver work again?

I contacted sharp and they telled me that my receiver was out of order because I formatted the hard disk. Is-it true?
    Please help me!!

best regards

14. hbgoh

hbgoh Guest

Hi tatooin, sorry to hear about your HDD problem. If you had read my earlier post, my HDD died too. The techie who brought back my repaired set told me they had to burn in a certain code image onto the new HDD before the machine will recognise it. (I asked him about DIY the HDD upgrade). Look like you are out of luck. You will have to pay Sharp to it for you.

15. nylonnet

nylonnet Member

Code image? Sounds like expensive rubbish to me! I replaced my original HDD with a bigger one with no 'code image'.

Mark
    nylon.net

16. tatooin

tatooin Member

in fact it seems that it depends on when you bought the sharp recorder. Until 2004, it was possible to change the harddisk because some people manage to do that. But since 2005, I think the sharp compagny changed the system and it's now impossible to do it.

If I find a sharp receiver which was built before 2005 , I can try to exchange the harddisk...

regards

17. tony_lon

tony_lon Member

I was going to ask how to change the DVD writer, ok I still will if anyone knows just for info / reference, but the important thing here is I've just resurrected mine by using a standard cd head cleaner (cd with little brushes on).

It stopped recording ages ago, and now it records again. It is fussy about disks though.

Incidentally reviews / info are here:
    http://www.dvdrecorderworld.com/reviewlist.php

I've also just ordered a second dvd HD recorder (JVC DR-MH30) cheap from ebay, but that's a different story, for another room and it still needs to be analogue as digital freeview reception here is rubbish.

18. LyleS

LyleS Member

Does anyone have the image for the CD which removes the region code?

The download links from earlier in the thread have died :(

19. jud1255

jud1255 Member

did you manage to find out for your sharp dv-hr300 cos im in need of also

20. LyleS

LyleS Member

No joy :(