1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any suggestions on anime movies any body????

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Phyco_Can, Jun 15, 2005.

1. howlling

howlling Guest

If you like anime with great sound and tons of action try Appleseed and Spriggan... i also get many og the fans ubs and it is true muchof the good stuff never makes it stateside.

2. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

@Nephilim, Do you know if there will be any other Ghost in The Shell movies, multi-episode series...like Stand Alone Complex? I also noticed that digitaleyes.net has a good solid lists of anime. These would be for purchase, rather than rental, yet it gives an idea of the selection. I wish more movie rental stores had a wider selection of anime!
    Thanx, MovieDud

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

funny about that neph, by the way wheres mine!!!!!!!!!!

Heres a link for where you can a read up on some titles pulsar.
    Just make sure you pick japanese animation in the pull down bar and select go.It will give you a listing which is pretty easy to click on and get the gist of the title.

Another must is fist of the north star movie and the new 3 part serial that came out.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/

4. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Ive got a fair few Dragonball Z eps and a couple movies around 20-30 vids/dvds all together of dbz, i love watching it :) You might like it if you havent already seen it??

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2005
  5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

if you want a f**kup series with rape/violence/language/death and a serial to boot with shit loads of twists and turns.You cant go past gantz by studio gonzo
    Some of its rated R other parts MA .Its awesome.

[​IMG]

heres a summary of the 1st dvd.Enjoy

The last thing Kei remembers is the train running over his body, crushing him. Now he finds himself in a room filled with strangers, all recently deceased, all resurrected by the strange black sphere known only as Gantz.

Their reprieve from death may only be temporary, however. Unless they complete the brutal missions that Gantz assigns, none of them will live long enough to leave the room. Is this strange "afterlife" real, or just a dream? All Kei and the others know is that if they fail the mission, they will all die again.

6. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Where do you get all these anime from andmerr? And were you talking to me on the other thread?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2005
  7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

man i buy at least 10 per month.I'm addicted

8. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

I used to do that with dbz id buy 1 or 2 a month depending how much pocket money i had, from k-mart (i live in a small-medium town so thats a main shop for everything like that) until they stopped selling the huge range of dbz they had :(

9. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Any1 that's never seen Naruto that has cartoon network should check it out on September 10th there showing 2 eps in a row from 9pm EST.

10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I just watched Appleseed last night and was completely blown away by the animation and the action sequences - quality stuff!

The rowboat hasn't gotten there yet ;)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2005
  11. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Appleseed is great, one of the best I've ever seen, saw Ghost in the shell 2 today, i see what you mean about the bit were he was just gonna talk to the yakuza pretty funny, the animation work is just fantastic.

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i watched Ghost in the Shell over the weekend, pretty good. haven't come across the 2nd one yet tho. will have a look for it today. have got the first 3 standalone complex discs but wanna watch Ghost 2 first.

Also watched Crying Freeman (movie version), it's pretty good.

ps i haven't seen appleseed but i think it's being re-released over here in UK in a few weeks. gonna go look for info now while it's on my mind

13. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Is tradegy in the hidden village a ninja scroll ep?

14. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Yep, episode 1 i think

15. howlling

howlling Guest

Hey Neph....

Glad to see you liked Appleseed! Could I suggest Wonderful Days(also known as Sky Blue)for you next choice. Its a anime from Korea with great story and visuals.

Heck, everyone should look "Woderful Days" up, its a little hard to find but well worth it!!

16. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

17. howlling

howlling Guest

Yep.... thats it!!

I got a copy of it from a friend in Asia about a year ago and I loved it. Its more political than most anime but well worth the viewing.

If you know of anything else similar to this post it.

I don't know if any of you guys were fans of Final Fantasy VII, but i found this cool trailer to the movie:
    http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

Does anyone know if it will get a US release??

18. Nojsy

Nojsy Member

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children will definitely get a US release. The US release date was original set to September 14. But it has now been delayed due to unknown reasons. EGM, however, reports that it will be released "this holiday season".
    There will be two releases, a single disc UMD release and a 2-disc Special Edition DVD. The 2-disc set will include extra trailers, bonus features and behind-the-scenes material, but not Last Order Final Fantasy VII. The short Last Order OAV will be included in the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Ultimate Edition, which I think has an unknown release date.

19. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Ok, cos i got it from a friend, but its in spanish :( Is it normally in spanish?

20. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

You can get it in a wide variety of different languages.