1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any thoughts on the akai pdp4225m plasma tv

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dawg1161, Mar 18, 2006.

1. dawg1161

dawg1161 Member

hello to all i recently purchased this 42" plasma hdtv (no tuner) monitor. anyone else made the same purchase? anyone didn't because?
    so far so good but all i have been doing with this is dvd veiwing through the hdmi input. Great picture. Thanks for listening.

2. kfir1

kfir1 Member

This HD plasma is great. I got mine from samsclub and no complains about it. I also use it as a monitor for my multi media PC. It connects to HDMI and coverts to DVI video.

I know this is only monitor thats why I got it. HD tuner is useless unless you use an air antenna. I subscribe to my cable for HD using a box. It connects to the component. The only thing about this product is when you play some dvd movies thats dark. Nothing new though. It really depends on how the movie is made. Sometimes you can see clay shahows but as I said it really depends on the movie

Overall .........this is a great HD plasma monitor for the price. Its now $1,200 in samsclub. Excellent as a MCE monitor. You can play games without ghosting.

3. dawg1161

dawg1161 Member

Thanks for the reply, Be carefull of burn in. I had this hooked up to Direct TV and didn't know about the strecth to fit screen so now i have 2 lines on each side where i used the black to define the tv when wasn't watching wide screen or dvd.. other than that it has been freat and when i purchase another plasma it will have burn in protection had i known this about this plasma i would have not purchased it but i have been happy with its performance.

4. kfir1

kfir1 Member

I have no problem with burn in. If you read the forums about burn-in's it does not matter if you have a burn in protection or not. I've research before buying this brand and it has all pluses than minuses. I'm buying one more from samsclub:)

5. dawg1161

dawg1161 Member

What do you mean that it doesn't matter if you have burn in protection or not? I have heard quite the difference...
    Please fill me in on this you haven't seen my screen. I must admit i am the only one that knows..or see's it?