1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any TV repair Tech's willing to help fix a lcd flat screen

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by redngreen, Dec 17, 2017.

1. redngreen

redngreen Member

Sylvania lc320ss9 a
    Blinks green a bunch then goes back to red/standby no picture or sounds during this period
    My brother had it forever n said it works u just gotta hit the button enough times n it'll fire up I gave up on that after an hour of hitting power I was hoping it'd be an easy quick fix but I see no swollen capacitors or burnt circus or any apparent damage

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

bad capacitors don't always have domed tops as sometimes they look like they are trying to eject their outer casing causing the rubber base to start to extend out of that casing.

3. redngreen

redngreen Member

Are you talking about the bottoms where the posts come out

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

yes.

5. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

they can literally dry up.. no signs of distress at all. Those cheap Chinese component testers (all over ebay for about $9) are pretty good.. check capacitance and esr.. it's the esr more than the capacitance tbh in switch mode high frequency work....

BUT.. I can tell you which ones to go straight at.. usually 3 or 4 of them.. many times they are blue, but sometimes green or black.. and they are 470µF 35V .. change them all.. take care to not reduce the voltage rating, the capacitance value is more "near enough will do" .. they are a bit expensive for good quality new caps.. about $1 a pop.. good trusted suppliers are semtech1 on Amazon and Badcaps.com .. buy branded (panasoinc if possible.. nichicon or rubys otherwise) .. avoid the bargain basement Chinese suppliers.. for a year or so "just to get it up and sold" they will do.. longer term.. buy good caps :D

Have a look on these forums for photo examples of junk caps exploding.. great :D

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/

6. redngreen

redngreen Member

I think it's a transformer the board is discolored and different from the rest of it I'll post a pic of it when I get home I'd rather replace a few components then a 60$board

7. redngreen

redngreen Member

It says server error when I try to upload my pic not Shure what to do

8. redngreen

redngreen Member

It still won't let me post a pic I been trying since the first you said anything can I email it to you but I'm pretty sure the burnt spot above the transformer

9. ErikaDawn

ErikaDawn Member

I have run across a few intermittent LCD Monitors.
    The problem wound up being solder joints on both.
    Reheat all the power supply solder joints. (Joints around circuit board discolored brown from heat)
    Normal use heats up the joints and when turned off they cool.
    This cycling breaks the joints (inviable to the naked eye).
    Don't know if this will help on LCD flat screen TVs.

10. redngreen

redngreen Member

I've done all that I can't see anything out of order any where I just ordered the cap ole boy said to get but there is only 1 of them in the whole TV I might just order a inverter board webpage still won't let me post a jpeg