1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any way to turn the copy protect off on the iLO DVDR04

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by croc500, Oct 30, 2004.

1. croc500

croc500 Member

Any help is appreciated. There was a similar topic below, but thought it would be easier for all reading to see to read here.

2. gserve

gserve Member

I am interested in purchasing this player.Any insight would be appriciated. Thanks PS I do not know of a hack.

3. dontbugme

dontbugme Member

4. dorisb

dorisb Member

I entered the code as instuctions stated and tried to copy a VCR tape. I got an error message that the vcr was copy protected? I thought the Regions Free setting was suppose to allow you to copy vcr movies? What's up with that?
    Should I try another vcr tape and see if the same thing happens? Is everyone else getting vcr movies copied to dvd but me?
    Please help me if you have any answers:)

5. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... What you need to copy VHS tapes is a macrovision hack, not a region free hack ... the iLo appears to have been made by the LiteOn company ... You may want to try a hack for either the LVW-5101 or for the LVW-5001 ...

http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/liteon.htm

... I know that the region free hack is the same for the iLo and the LVW-5001, so I would assume that the macrovision hack is the same also ... But there are no guarantees ...

6. dorisb

dorisb Member

Thanks Catfreak for your input.
    The hack as far as I can tell is the same code number and process as the other unit you wrote about.
    The code number is the 2960 at the exit menu.
    There is no choice for picking Macrovision, only Region Free, Region 1, Region 2 etc. I choose Region Free with no luck. Others are reporting this hack to work on the Ilo R04, but I haven't had any luck so far.
    If you stumble accross any other info that could help me, please post:)
    Thanks again for your help.

7. dorisb

dorisb Member

I gave up. I'm returning the Ilo to Walmarts in the morning. I ordered the Gateway AR-230 through Amazon...they honored the price on Gateway's site of $149.00, plus Amazon shipped for free! I know Gateway AR-230 is the same hack and I'm e-mailing another person who has it up and copying vcr tapes to dvd without any problems. Good luck everyone and happy holidays!

8. daveshome

daveshome Member

I guess you know the Gateway units are made by Lite-On as well. I have seen their firmware is very close to the Lite-On units.

Report back what you find !

Thanks
    Dave