1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any way to verify MPG files

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by fen, Aug 22, 2004.

1. fen

fen Member

I returned from Thailand with several hours of video, transferred to hard drive no problems, edited using Studio 8 and created a number of mpg files. However, using either Pinnacle Expression and Nero to author and burn a DVD causes a range of symptoms, from program hang to IRQ blue screens. On a clean install of XP and Nero on a second machine I tried again but with similar results. I can think that some parts of the original video files are corrupt, though they play fine on the PCs. The disc creation process (transcoding) is where the problems occur. I would be delighted to hear of some work around, please. Is there any way of veryifying MPG files?

Fen

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

3. fen

fen Member

Thanks for that. I downloaded the application and tested the files, all of which appear to be fine. Still can'tr burn a disc, however, or even create a disc image. PFN_Corrupt blue screen mean anything to you???

Cheers

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Maybe try Use a DVD authoring Program Like DVDLab or something even easier like "Tmpgenc DVD author" to Create this DVD out of the Mpeg files.....

If these Mpeg files are DVD Compliant then there should not be any "Transcodeing" because they are allready in the Correct format for DVD...

And Never use "Nero vision Express" to make your DVD"s because it will allways re-encode your Files which ruins the quality and Takes a Long time...

Good luck

PS: I have been useing XP for 3 years and I have never once seen a Blue Screen (BSOD) Unless I had a serious Hard ware problem...

5. fen

fen Member

Thanks

Having explored things further, I'm now practically convinced that my problems stem from a dodgy memory stick. Having removed one of the two offending 512 MB sticks, I have finally been able to create a DVD from these files. There's some valuable stuff there, like grandparents meeting their grandchildren for the first time.

I'll have a look at Tmpgenc DVD author. Thanks for all your help.

Richard