1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody Else Find iPhone 3G SURPRISINGLY Cheap?

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by BurningAs, Jun 10, 2008.

1. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

I was surprised when I saw the $200 price tag. That is very good for iPhone. I was expecting $400 mark.

This will drive entire smartphone market down down down, then I can get my HTC Touch Diamond for cheap and not $700.

2. salinger

salinger Regular member

The tag price still remains at about 600 $ if you consider the production costs. However, the price for the consumer is so cheap due to the fact that mobile carriers are the one paying the rest of your bill. Most people aren't aware of it but the 3g iphone is actually more expensive in most regards. this is one of the reason that the rules and contracts applied to iphones have become more severe and harder to escape. You cant just buy a new iphone like that, take it home and live happily ever after unlocked....now you are forced to sign a contract before even leaving the building. And thus, AT&T gets their money back....consider this. You will pay about 1800 buy the end of your iphone contract. So? Does it still sound cheap? Its all marketing strategies.

3. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

AT&T wants to make sure they get there money. I was planning on getting the 3G iphone on Friday but now AT&T is telling me that I need to give them a $750.00 security deposit because my credit is bad. That is robbery. So now I'm thinking about buying a unlocked 1st gen iphone from craigslist and activating it with T-mobile.

4. muchojack

muchojack Member

Yes i think its really cheap and it works great

5. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I am not trying to sounds negative.... Most companies will hold a security deposit for the ETF if you have a extremely low credit score.

I am actually curious to see what will happen with AT&T's ETF... If you are unaware a Californian Supreme Court Judge ruled that ETF's will be illegal... LETS ALL GO BUY IPHONES IN CALI!

6. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

The 3G iPhone may be cheap, but $70 or more a month for AT&T will run you nearly $2,000 for 2 years.