1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody have CREATIVE VISION: M?

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by clu05, Jan 7, 2006.

1. clu05

clu05 Regular member

i wanted to buy either the vertical one..or the horizontal. i dont know the difference..or anything. im leaning towards the larger horizontal one just cuz it has a bigger screen..but im not sure. a little help plz?

2. keltose

keltose Member

I actually bought a Vision: M at the Creative Labs booth when I was at CES. The horicontal one you are thinking of is the Vision, it's like a Portable Media Player. It's bigger (about the size of a PSP) The Vision:M is smaller (think iPod) You can work out with it, or whatever. I have not received it yet, but I am excited for it!

3. clu05

clu05 Regular member

i just bought the vertical one on amazon..im waiting for it to come later on this week!

4. gadzzoox

gadzzoox Member

I have a Creative Vision M. I've had for 2 weeks and I'm rather disappointed. There are no accessories for this yet, like cases or the docking station would be nice. It scratches very easily, like the iPod. I don't know why Creative followed in Apple's footsteps with the shiny exterior and non-removable battery...It's got good sound, but the converting programs for puttin DVD's on the player suck. The iPod has better support and accessories out the butt.

5. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

I just bought mine from Frye's lastnight (the only one in stock the other was the demo). Very nice! I also got to meet the rep from Creative. I was asking about accessories and he said that in about a couple of months. He also said there was a case coming out soon because he had one for his a CES. He told me that there was stuff he could not talk about but did say that there were some un-offical products being worked on at the moment.

As for my screen, I'll be using one of my iPaq screen protectors on it.

However I do wish that it would have come with a cradle but hey, neither did my ipod!

I'll be damned... Check it: http://www.boxwave.com/products/bun...inisync-bundle-creative-zen-vision-m_1128.htm

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  6. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

A few months isn't really good enough. I think they should have released some of the accessories along with the product. They are trying to compete with Apple, but do not realise that attention to detail is very important to consumers. People [bold]always[/bold] want accessories to go with their products, and by leaving that out, Creative are shooting themselves in the foot somewhat.

7. lascrem

lascrem Member

I'VE GOT A TIP FOR YOU (maybe a bit late) DON'T BUY THE ZEN VISION:M. ITS A HUNK OF SHITE! THIS IS A WARNING TO ALL WOULD-BE BUYERS. loads of my friends had(have) them and they're ok for the first few weeks maybe a few months. and then they start freezing up usual crap. technical support is resonable at best, but your pretty much alone.I'm not trying to cause offence here but if you've bought one. seriously consider returning it. and consider buying something which has a bit more class and doesn't try to copy the new crappy ipod vid. I know the archos AV500 is alot of money to part with, but it's well worth it in the long run. If you cant part with that ammount try something like the cowon A2 which has great battery life,18 hrs vid and 10 hrs aud. (so im told). I think you guys belong in the ipod forum.

8. Lethal_B

That is a matter of opinion, my good man. Each person has their own preference, just like you do...and we don't all want/like the same things.

That is unfortunate for your 'friends', but all products have their faults.

That is very untrue. I have had great dealings with Creative with technical support for my Zen touch. You are never alone. If you have a faulty product and are under warranty, then Creative will either fix it for you or replace your product.

I didn't hear anyone mention iPods...did you?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  9. lascrem

lascrem Member

I'm just sayin how it is. Ok, maybe technical support is better than resonable. But I mean how good is a product that is constantly freezing etc.... As for the ipod part: I did hear a whisper which is what the post was in reference to: The Vision:M is smaller (think iPod).keltose.

10. Lethal_B

No, you are saying it how it is in your mind. But anyone's opinion is very welcome, but be prepared for people to conflict them also :)

Remember, (Art Blakey quote:)

;-)

11. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

Loads of your friends huh? Few months huh? What product you pushing again? Oh yeah...archos AV500, only $500, no thanks I'll pocket the extra $200 for other things. Maybe they should update their firmware, just a thought...

I don't see how people keep scratching their stuff. Quit cramming the damn thing into your pockets, put a screen sleave and a case on it. Just like the ones they use for PDA's you won't scratch it. While your at it, put one on your cell phone, pda and anything else that is mobile with a screen! Take care of it, don't say you do cause if you did you wouldn't be having this problem. Damn people, common sense...use it.

I meant in the stores... you can buy the accessories from their website, they've had them their for awhile. Also the CZV:M doesn't require as many accessories as the ipod, so thats a plus.

When I bought my ipod the only thing that I got with it extra was a firewire cable...yay...no dock, nothing to carry it in... quite sad really. At least with the CZV:M I got a carry pouch with it that can be used to clean the screen.

When I bought my CZV:M I also purchased an extended store warranty. Just in case a 60gig model comes out some time next year... You never know when the HD just might go out...

and yes I have a habit of always buying an extended warranty for my pc equipment, especially when stores exchange out for value not exact product...

12. chapsta

chapsta Guest

No nobody else has the zen vision m, because it is a piece of junk.Congradulations you ahve just been ripped off.This maybe i bit harsh but you can't run away from the true.

13. Lethal_B

A [bold]carry pouch[/bold]..wow, that must have swung it for you!

Just kidding. Like I say, you are all entitled to opinions, biased or otherwise..

14. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

Yep! Nah, not really. What swung it for me was that it had no itunes and that I could buy it in any regular electronics store.

15. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

Well it is apparent that you can't write so it is probably true that you cannot read either. So chew on them apples.

16. Lethal_B

Damn, you cannot have decent convo with [bold]anyone[/bold] these days! What a shame people feel the need to bash at other opinions rather than discuss them in an adult fashion. I salute you, rosedog, because even though we share different opinons, we discussed it in a civilized manner.. didn't we ~ ?

:)

Cheers All.

17. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

I salute you too. Nothing can be worse than closed mindedness!

While I'm not going to be buying another mp3/pda/whatever device for awhile I'm not going to dog them all.

Hope to see/read you around.

18. bergstein

bergstein Guest

Hey rosedog, chapsta is right. the creative zen vision:M isn't really worth a look, let alone a purchase in the world of PMP's/PVP's. However that is my opinion and I respect your opinion. Like lethal B said, I'ts important to try and have an adult convo. without people like chapsta shouting off. By the way nice comment(about the apples). nice touch. Can I also just ask why you didnt go for something like the cowon A2 or perhaps the new archos AV500? (apart from price) because recently alot of people have been spouting off about them. And to be fair i wouldn't mind owning one myself( archos not cowon). I'd like to hear your view on that :)

19. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

I have grown to the point where I don't need the most super duper top of the line deal. Also, I want to be able to walk into any Circuit City/Best Buy/Fry's (any major retailer) and be able to buy what I want.

While the net is nice, I can't really buy an extended warranty and walkin and exchange my said product when/if it fails.

Plus I did some research on the other products (cnet) and they didn't rank that much higher. They have their cons too.

While you say the creative zen vision:M isn't really worth a look, I differ. I bought it, I use it, it work excellent and better than I would have ever thought. The controls are really easy to use, works smoothly with windows, the sound quality is amazing.

I would seriously recommend people play with one before they knock it. I mean actually hold it in your hands, navigate through it and don't take others opinions. Formulate your own, then knock it if you want, but I doubt you will.

20. chapsta

chapsta Guest

sorry rosedog i dont agree with you. I have held the czv:M and played around with it. Its OK. But that's all i'd give it. right now ive got my sights set on higher things. It seems to me rosedog that your just trying to sell the csv:M to everyone. I means come on! who starts a post title with "anybody have creative zen vision:M". I'f your going to sell products, at least sell a decent one like the archos or cowon!
    au revoir!