1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody have CREATIVE VISION: M?

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by clu05, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Actually, you are the one to-ing & fro-ing from thread to thread trying to sell the archos. Why you feel the need to involve yourself in threads plainly to bash at those around you is beyond me.

But then again, only your opinion matters, right?

2. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

Thanks LB!

As for the n00b

Seriously can you read and comprehend at the same time?

[bold]READ THE DAMN TOPIC HEADER![/bold]

I'm not trying to sell anyone the damn thing, I was trying to get a group of people together to discuss it until all the annoying n00b's chased off everyone else!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  3. bergstein

bergstein Guest

I agree with rosedog and l.b. chapsta blatently doesn't have a clue what he's talking about or writing about. ( apparently he's illiterate) :D. I must just settle this though. I'm assuming that you've resarched all the latest PMP's, so on performance what would you rate the highest, and let's forget about the price. Also isn't there some way we can ban chapsta, he's a real pain!

4. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

Well when you say "performance" are you talking about all aspects or just a few?

Its hard to say one is a clear cut winner than the other. I could talk about what others have said (tech sites) but I won't. They took the time to write up the pro's and cons so I'll let them speak for themselves.

I can however talk about the iPod, CZV:M and my iPaq Hx2415.

In short, let me say that I'll pick my PDA over any of them any day of the week. I know its not the best out there but I know its not the worst either.

I have a program that allows me to turn my PDA into an iPod (pPod), I can copy DVD's to it watch videos, browse the net, email, view pics, output the video to my TV (there is a SD video out cable for it, I dunno know if I can video in though), play video games on it, record voice, listen to radio, print from it, has a built in speaker, change the rotation of the screen, scientific calculator... I can continue to go on but you can see where I'm getting at.

5. dlocke

dlocke Regular member

Yes, but your PDA has to use compact flash memory cards to carry media. I'd say it puts your PDA in an entirely differnt category since the iPod and Zen Vision:M have 30gb hard drives in them. The PDA has more functionality, but more hassle since you are limited by the size of you flash memory cards. And don't forget that those things cost money so add that to the price of your PDA when comparing it to an mp3 player like the iPod or Vision:M. That takes the Ipaq out of the price comparison running since it jumps well beyond $350 to turn your PDA into a media player. apples to oranges my friend

6. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

I understand the limitations of the memory. I actually find more hassle in my cvzm than my pda. When I’m at the office or another clients office I can easily whip out my pda and play media and still use it to do “work” at the same time. Another function that I love of my pda is the ability to browse the net and listen to my music at the same time. BTW I also use pPod on pda.

Currently I only have a 2 gig CF card and a 1 gig SD card that I use at the same time but I plan to be bumping the CF to a 4gig and put the 2gig in my digital camera and I’m gonna wait on the SD until they get better memory. Also, unlike the ipod/czvm my pda has removable memory which is easier to manage.

I have a feeling it won’t matter soon though. With the way smart phone are going and what nokia is doing, the ipod and czvm just might fall to the way side.

7. LadyBlaik

LadyBlaik Guest

Hi, I just got one about a month ago. I like that it carries files for me and the screen resolution is great. I dont like that it scratches so easily. They should have made a better case for it and the headphones are annoying. I cant get my audio to play through the car clearly either.

8. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

Well you must either you must not know how to take care of your player or you don't care.

How are people scratching their players? Easy by not taking the time to care for them. How hard is it to buy a screen protector and apply it, not very hard at all. I did it and it took me awhole 5 minutes to do it. Want to take a step further, buy the invisible shield.

As for a case, the bag makes do until you find one that you want. I bought a silicon full body case from PodsPlus $22 shipped. It cover the entire key pad area and still allows touch scroll to work. Mine is black (skin and player) and I can see the lights through the case. It also comes with a hard screen to protect screen as well.

With the case, I still keep the skin on.

As for the headphone what are you talking about? How are they annoying? They sound/work great. You could always go out and buy a $150-$200 set of headphones if you want something better.

What are you using, a wireless transmitter? They work off of the xx.x radio station so however the reception is, is going to be how good they sound. Your best bet is to buy the correct A/V and plug it into your RCA inputs. Please remember to go to your video settings and turn the "Video Out" off or else you get a black screen on your player because the GUI is trying to display on your TV.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  9. heikkih

heikkih Member

I have also ZVM, but i dont really understand this conversation, in my opinion player is great.
    Audio quality is superb, video quality is also excellent compared to ipod video, controllers are very good and clear, radio is ok and stuff.
    I honestly recommend ZVM to anyone!

10. noinsults

noinsults Member

hope someone can help me with this, how do i set my zvm fm stations? Still trying to figure out the controls, seem very sensitive

thanks

11. karatone

karatone Regular member

I just bought the Vision M two weeks ago and so far I'm liking it a lot, I've never had an Ipod but I've messed with co-workers pods and to me the vertical scroll pad is better the the circle pad on Pods. I haven't loaded many videos besides a few home vids taken off my Mini DV camcorder . Tranfer seems pretty easy using Media player 11, I've got 5 gigs of music it on it and a few hundred didgital pictures . The screen is very impressive on the Vision, colors look awesome and the detail is vivid. My buddy has the Ipod video and I showed him my Vision the other day and told me he has been hearing a lot about it . He liked that it can handle more formats than his Pod.As far as protection you can find many different cases and screen protectors on ebay for very low prices. I have a silicone case that covers the whole body but allows full acsess to all controls. Only thing that has disappointed me was the Creative website auto update for the supplied Creative Mediasource software, my Vision M came with version 3.30.35 . I had recently bought and returned the another Creative product that came with version 5 but I didn't copy the disc before I returned the other unit. So I'm wondering how version 5 would work with my Vision M , the auto update keeps getting an error ,so I'm stuck with 3.30.35 . Anyone out there using 5 with their Vision M?? besides that it's a great piece of technology!!

12. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

Screw Creative media player that thing is junk. Go get yourself Winamp 5.3 as it now supports direct playback of Play for sure devices like the CZV:M

13. sandytntn

sandytntn Member

I updated my player and the creative suite last night but have not messed with it yet. Everything Player/PC still worked after the update and that is a good sign. Creative has a forum which might help u with the update question.
    Sandy

14. tyedye

tyedye Member

Can anyone help me? You see I saw in earlier posts that some people have had Vision:M's that froze and I have encountered this problem does anybody actually have a solution to this oor is everyone just ranting about it? Please help.
    Thanks,
    Tye.Dye

15. rosedog

rosedog Regular member

I haven't had mine freeze on me but I would browse/search the forums at epizenter.net for help.