1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody have problems ripping Anchorman?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SteveSkal, Apr 27, 2005.

1. SteveSkal

SteveSkal Member

I'm using DVD Shrink and while analyzing I get an error that its having trouble reading the drive at about 39% of the way through. Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem or if maybe I have a bad original disk. If its not the disk what other software should I try, I only have freeware so DVD Decryptor is my only other choice really :) Thanks for your help

Steve

2. wells86

wells86 Guest

have you tried burning an image on to your hard drive with nero

3. SteveSkal

SteveSkal Member

No, how exactly do I do that? Sorry, I'm a real newbie, burned my 1st DVD about 3 days ago, have had great success using only Shrink and then burn with Nero. Since I've had this problem I've tried DVD Decryptor and still doesn't rip, hangs up around 35% :-(

4. wells86

wells86 Guest

go into nero express, then instead of selecting your dvd burner to burn, select image recorder (dvd). then select copy entire disc and away you go, as easy as that

5. SteveSkal

SteveSkal Member

OK, just tried that and it says disk is copy protected and can not be read.

6. wells86

wells86 Guest

shit, if its copyrighted dvd dycryptor would be a better option. If you dont know how to use it, try to find a guide somewhere on afterdawn, or just search google.

7. Laura_e

Laura_e Member

Hi. I had no problems with Anchorman. I first used DVD Shrink and then Nero to burn without any hassles. There may be a problem with the original disc, Anchorman, that you are trying to copy. If possible you could try Dvd shrink with a different copy of Anchorman and hopefully it should work.

8. SteveSkal

SteveSkal Member

Thanks Laura, I kinda thought it was a bad disk myself, unfortunately I will not have access to another copy of it so unless someone else I know buys a copy for me to try I'll have to live without a backup ;-)

9. ktulu14

ktulu14 Regular member

I have had problems with shrink in the past (Garfield the movie springs to mind). Is the DVD Decrypter the latest version? if not download it, and try ripping your dvd to your hard drive before using shrink. i think that shrink has not been updated for quite a while now (the author works for Nero as far as I know), so the latest copy protections may not be broken by it.

10. SteveSkal

SteveSkal Member

I have the latestversion of both Shrink and Decryptor and it was still hanging up and giving errors using both, thats why I kinda think its just a bad original. If other had a similar problem with the movie then I might venture to say its some kind of new protection but if others had no problems then it screams "bad disk".

11. SteveSkal

SteveSkal Member

Just a follow up, it WAS a bad disk, I got my hands on a different original and tried and Shrink ripped right through it with no problem. Just another case of a bad pressing I guess!