1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody know a reasonable video conversion service?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by amaze122, Jan 15, 2005.

1. amaze122

amaze122 Member

I would like to convert a movie from vhs to dvd, but since I am 99% sure that this is the only movie I will ever feel the need to do this with, (She's gotta have it, Spike Lee's directorial debut, and not available on dvd),I am not about to invest in clarifiers, video capture cards, moviewriters, etc. Is there just some service somewhere that won't charge me an arm and a leg to convert my one little vhs movie?

2. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Any photoshop that does video transfer should be able to help.But by the time you pay them,you probably could buy a cheap T V card.But then you would have to instal it on your Computer.I'm sure most T V cards have some sort of video capture.Then you will need a program like DVDLab or TMPGEnc DVD to convert it to DVD.Then you need a program to burn it to DVD,provided u have a DVD Burner.
    My suggestion is to enjoy the tape as long as u can & hope it will come out on DVD.
    As a hobbyist I can tell u their is nothing cheap to burnig DVD's.Starting with a good Computer