1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody Know ???????

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by forcheck, Mar 2, 2007.

1. forcheck

forcheck Guest

I, recently, bought a 56" Samsung rear projection HDTV. I paid the extra money to have Best Buy come out and hook everything up so I would get it right. Hooked up to this TV is an RCA VCR, a Toshiba DVD Player and My Comcast digital HDTV converter box. When I want to record something I do this the same way I always did by programming the vcr to record the channel and time it recognizes. I know that if I reconfigure the set up with the cable box going into the vcr first and then to the TV I can record a program from the cable box. My problem is this, I have to physically have the cable box on and tuned to that channel for it to be recorded. Is there a way that I can have a splitter or an A-B switch between the cable box and the vcr? That way, when I want to record a program from the cable box I can set it to A and when I want to record programs from various channels I can set it to B Thanks for Your help

2. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

That should work. But I dont think you can record hi def broadcasts on the vcr. Somebody chime in on this.

3. DragonRM

DragonRM Member

The Comcast HD boxes (at least the dvr's) should be able to output the HD signal and a composite signal at the same time. You can run the hd output to your tv and the other with the 2nd audio and composite video to your vcr... then have your vcr looped back to the tv.

I'd recommend just upgrading the cable box to the dvr if you don't have it. You can record the hd channels without any loss... which you can't do with a vcr.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007