1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody knows an total universal dvd recorder model?

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by albertd25, Nov 22, 2004.

1. albertd25

albertd25 Member

What I mean with total and universal are the following features: 1-Any type of DVDs (DVD-R/RW,DVD+R/RW)can be played and recorded.2-At least the two more popular tv colour system (PLA an NTSC) can be plyed and recorded.3-At least an minimal HDD(greater-better).4-Region code free.That's a rreally DVD recorder which I am looking for.

2. hydef

hydef Member

If you only want a region free I would recommend www.220-eletronics.com, but don't forget you can't copy PAL to NTSC or visa versa. The region free DVD recorders can only do this also PAL to PAL or NTSC to NTSC. To watch region free with some model like Sony a hardware mod is a must, if your looking for some cheapies try apex region free, they won't stop a PAL speed up nor will they stop a PAL stretch, you get what you pay for! :)

3. hydef

hydef Member

Add the c in electronics I did that so I wouldn't violate forum links.

4. albertd25

albertd25 Member

I had alrady been there and in many other places.For example at your address none of them (DVD recorders)has all the four requirements that I need.The nerarest one is the :panasonic DMR-E100 PAL/NTSC DVD Recorder (International version)has all exept one:the multi format recording _DVD-R/RW,DVD+R/RW.It uses only DVD-R without talking for its price 800$ around.

5. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Last edited: Nov 24, 2004
  6. albertd25

albertd25 Member

No,it's not.At the frst look I had noticed two missing options:1-It records only DVD+ and 2-ther is no hard drivr into it.
    What is that about idiot proof? Is some link or what?