1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anydvd 4.6.1.2 with DVD X-copy

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by BLS8, Mar 15, 2005.

1. BLS8

BLS8 Guest

Does anybody know if anydvd will work with dvd xcopy?
    Cause I still can't get the forgotten to work using dvd x copy platinum

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Yes it should work just fine for you.

3. BLS8

BLS8 Guest

I tried the forgotten, but dvd x-copy had a read error at 100%, so it would not write, all three times I tried it. Then I tried with dvd decrypter and the same thing, a reading error right at the end. I'm using anydvd 4.6.1.2. Any suggestions??

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Sounds like a problem with the original dvd. Check the original for damage or dirt at the very outer edge. Maybe a finger print or smudge.

Jerry

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I agree with Jerry. A friend did that one with AnyDVD and DVD X Copy without a problem.

6. jacnyr

jacnyr Member

I have spent nearly 2 weeks before I finially copy "The Forgotten". I used trail version of DVD Fab. It worked fine. I think new movies are going to get harder and harder to copy from now on.
    I have DVD X Copy Platinum,DVD Decrypter,and Shrink and DVD Fab was only one to copy it.
    You can find the program at DVD Idle.com

7. bs0425

bs0425 Member

Hello,
    I used anydvd, dvd decryptor then dvd shrink using Nero and it worked like a charm the first time around. Oh yeah, this was about 1 1/2 months ago when the forgotten first came out. Dvds are not harder to backup, just got to find what works.

8. gamename

gamename Regular member

anydvd works great with mine.go to dvdxcopy forums at the bottom of this page.you will see alot on this.i backed up the forgotten,friday night lights,and the grudge this way.main movie only rip and burn around 28 mins.with 16 x burner.never had a problem.before anydvd it wouldnt get past 5%.

9. BLS8

BLS8 Guest

Well I still could not get it to work with dvd xcopy express or dvd decrypter, but I did get it to work with dvd shrink.

10. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

i want to begin by thanking all the moderators and members in here the have really help us newbies to underestand and fix and do a lot. but i also want to ask you not to be so quick to recomend "better software" like dvd decrypter and shrink. specially those of us who use dvdxcopy software. i have use my dvdxcopy platinum for about four years and it has never failed me, the quality and stability of my copies is, in my opinion, as good as or better than most softwares. and yes dvd decrypter and shrink are in fact great, i use then yet still i prefer dvdx. see you.

11. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

If you want to copy some of the newer movies, you will have to used DVD Decrypter, AnyDVD or other decryption programs. You can still burn with dvdxcopy platinum if you so desire. DVDXCOPY no longer is being supported with updates.

12. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

yes bilbo i know and that woul be one of the very few reasons for me to use dvd decrypter and shrink. for movies that platinum can handle i use platinum.

13. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

My point to you is that as time passes, more and more movies will have protection schemes that will foil the direct use of dvdxcopy and you will need to perform additional "patches" in order to complete a copy successfully. I am a proponent of simple one click copying, the simpler it is the better I like it. I also liked dvdxcopy for this reason. However,
    I find my current setup now is very simple and easy. I purchased AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 packages and have never looked back. So if you're happy with your programs then by all means continue to use and enjoy them. Some people still like to use MSDOS on their PCs and that's OK as long as they realize they are limiting their capabilities. May you reproduce and thrive.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005