1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD after trial

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by SirVivor, Feb 2, 2006.

1. SirVivor

SirVivor Member

I downloaded the trial version of AnyDVD, tried to copy a DVD using it two times, I was not successful either time. After the trial period was over I went to the control panel and deleted AnyDVD, obviously it didn't get everything. Everytime I turn my computer on the alert pops up that the trial period for AnyDVD was past, offering the choice to purchase it. I don't wish to do that as it didn't work for me and now it looks like I couldn't purchase it if I wanted to.

How can I eliminate that pop-up alert? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Did you go into your Program Files and delete the AnyDVD Folder???

also you should run a registry Cleaner to clean up any Invalid registry Entries.....

I guess you didn"t Know how to use ANYDVD because it does work with 99.99% of all DVD"s if you know how to use it(It doesn"t take a Brain surgeon)....You can also Simply use a Free DVD Ripper Like "DVD Fab Decryptor" or "DVD Decryptor" which also work with most all DVD"s.....

Cheers

3. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

<------- loves his lil fox

4. JVC

JVC Active member

I don't know what I'd do, without my AnyDVD! Worth every penny!

Click on "Start" (lower left corner), click on "Run". In "Run" window, type "regedit", and click on "OK". In menu at top, click on "Edit". Then click on "Find". Type in "AnyDVD", and click on "Find Next". When something comes up for AnyDVD, delete it. Then go through the "Find" again. This time type in "Slysoft", click "Find Next" again. Delete any Slysoft stuff that comes up, except for CloneDVD or CloneCD, if you have and use these.

Since DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink aren't being updated anymore, they don't work with some of the newer movies, even with AnyDVD. But I haven't found a movie yet, that couldn't be done with CloneDVD and AnyDVD!
    Good luck!

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

"DVD Fab Decryptor" is Free and is updated regularilly and is supports Newer Copy protections Like "ARRCOS".....

Cheers

6. ianmerc

ianmerc Guest

I am new to this game. (Forums and DVD copyware). I have the trial version of ANYDVD and CLONEDVD. It works marvelous for me and I intend to purchase both.

7. mrpat67

mrpat67 Regular member

Fine choice. They are worth every penny. Best of luck to you.

8. ianmerc

ianmerc Guest

Thank you
    Can anyone tell me
    If I download DVD decryptor will it clash in any way with ANYDVD? I am going to purchase ANYDVD but just wondered if the programs will work well if both are downloaded. I also have read conflicting reviews on whether DVD decryptor is no longer being up dated. any ideas anybody? 0Told you I was new to all this)

9. JVC

JVC Active member

AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter work well together.
    DVD Decrypter is no longer being updated. LightningUK (guy that wrote it) got shut down. He recently released a new burning program, based on Decrypter's burning engine. It's called ImgBurn. All it does is burn. It does not rip or decrypt.

10. ianmerc

ianmerc Guest

Thank you very much JVC for the info.

11. RippinMad

RippinMad Guest

While we are on the subject of AnyDVD and ClonerDVD, Has anyone had a playback message on their dvd player that states "Playback feature may not be available on this disk" and not be able to play the disk. I have suddenly encountered this problem after usind dvdclone and anydve for a year with NO problems. Blinkie and I have been trying to figure this out to no avail. I have uninstalled both programs, totally cleaned the registry, and re-downloaded both programs and purchased . . AGAIN . . the keys and still having the same problem. Copies of copies are fine. Backing up an original is not. Movies that I have had problems with are "SAW2" and "A Lot Like Love". Have not tried anything else. A friend of mine copied both and his copies are playing back just fine. I hate to think that I just P*&^ed away $49.00. Any ideas?????????

12. svar91

svar91 Regular member

download the new version.

13. syxguns

syxguns Active member

@ Rippin Mad

If you have the free version of DVD Fab Decrypter try this.

Turn AnyDVD off
    Run Fab
    Turn anyDVD on
    Then I ran it through Shrink and burned with Nero. My copy came out perfect.

Try it this way but using your ClonerDVD instead of Shrink. You may have more success.

Good luck

14. Docarut

Docarut Member

Guys-I need some help updating AnyDVD. I have version 5.9.2.1. This was updated to this from original program. I got email from Slysoft that update is available and tried to do update. When I click on download will show download box and when I click on run will get box to run but after clicking this disappears and install never starts. I tried after shutting down firewall but no different. On another forum one advise was to un-install AnyDVD and do new install. After un-installing could not download to do the install so had to system restore to get program back. I emailed Slysoft support but probably will not hear from them till next week. Anyone else run into this problem?
    Thanks,
    Bob

15. JVC

JVC Active member

When you download it, save it to your desktop. When complete, double click the desktop icon for the setup, and install. At end of installation, it will ask if you want to restart now. Click to restart. If it's a legal copy, it will automatically put your serial # in.
    That's how I do it, and it has always worked.

If this is how you're doing it, and it still won't install, talking to Slysoft is the best option.
    Good luck!

16. Docarut

Docarut Member

JVC-thanks for your helpful input. When I get back to my desktop will give it a try.

Bob

17. Docarut

Docarut Member

JVC-did what you suggested and would not show up as saved file for some reason. SlySoft finally contacted and they sent me new key and recommended clearing my IE cache and then re-downloading. After downloading setup file still will not run to install. I let them know still having problems and wait for another day and see what they recommend. I wonder what would happen if I completely un-installed including registry before trying again? Probably still would not be able to download. I am stumped.
    Bob

18. TMcCallie

TMcCallie Regular member

If you have the new key that Slysoft gave you, I would suggest that you completely delete ANYDVD from through your control pannel (add and delete programs). Run a registry cleaner and then go to Slysoft website and download the current version of ANYDVD. Use the keycode they gave you to register it and it should work.l

I have had it for years and never had a problem with updating. It just always updates over the previous version with no problem.

Tom

19. JVC

JVC Active member

Yeah, I agree. Totally remove it, including the registry stuff too. If you don't use any other Slysoft products, when you do the registry thing, search for "AnyDVD" and delete what it produces, and then do a search for "Slysoft" as well, and delete that too. Then do what I said earlier, when you download it again.

If still having troubles, there's a conflict somewhere. Maybe Slysoft knows of known conflicts, and can help.
    Do you happen to have Nero AND Roxio, both, on your computer? If so, try deleting Roxio, and see if things get any better. Most of the time, these two cannot reside on the same computer, without problems.
    Good luck!

20. Docarut

Docarut Member

Guys-thanks for replies. I deleted program and deleted registry also when prompted. I tried to download again and still setup file will not run when clicked. I had to do system restore to have working version of AnyDVD. I can download and install no problem with my notebook but it has no DVD burner. I did burn CD with setup file but could not figure how to get it to work with desktop. I can open CD and see files on CD but that's about it. Does anyone know how I can get downloaded program from my notebook to desktop?
    Thanks guys-Slysoft is still not been able to solve. Must be some type of setting on my computer but I cannot figure it out-especially since I was able to so one update previously with success.

Bob

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006