1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD and CloneDVD Probs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by x0pearl0x, Sep 22, 2007.

1. x0pearl0x

x0pearl0x Member

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered. I've browsed and haven't found a specific answer, so here I am.

I was excited to find AnyDVD and CloneDVD becuase I really need "Keep it simple stupid" programs.

However, I have been having some issues with some of my backups. Specifically, a lot of my movies end up pixilated and "jump" at about and hour into the movie (the really good suspenseful parts)! I thought it might be my burner, the blank DVD -R I am using, or a problem with the length of the movies in question. However, I backed up one of my movies that was 90 min long and had NO PROBLEMS, NO PIXELATION. It was perfect.

I use Copy DVD Titles in the ClondeDVD2 program with the DVD-5 option (under title config) as this it the only combination I've found that I can get to work. I have been choosing only the main movie itself and removing previews, etc. Clone DVD will tell me it's still in the green. Even at 85%+, I have the pixelation issues.

Can anyone tell me what might the problem be, or if there is a better avenue to chose within the program that will burn them better? I am getting so frustrated wasting all these DVDs. HELP! AND THANK YOU!

2. res2cue

res2cue Guest

what brand of dvd are you using? which speed are you burning? and you don't happen to use paper labels on the discs do you?

3. x0pearl0x

x0pearl0x Member

Sony... Maximum... Guilty on that last question... but there are paper labels on the ones that have no problem too...

THANK YOU! ;o)

4. x0pearl0x

x0pearl0x Member

Oh, and if you don't mind if I ask another question.. When I am burning, is only one audio stream acceptable... IE.. If I check only english dolby AC-3/6, is that adequate or must I also check English DTS/6? I am sure this is an ignorant question, but I must confess, I am ignorant in many of these things.

5. res2cue

res2cue Guest

Get rid of those paper labels and your problems will be solved. As for getting lucky with some of them playing fine... it's only a matter of time. There are plenty of threads pertaining to this issue. As for the audio, I personally keep all english audio streams unless they cause me problems. eg: a couple movies if you keep both audio streams you can't turn of directors comments. These movies are rare. I'm not saying this is the only way to do it, just the way I do it. As for your labels, I will post back with some links to those other threads later. ;) I'm at work and it's time to get ready to go home. You are going to be told to slow down your burn speed. I can't say that is wrong to advise, but I know I burn at maximum and have never had a failed burn for that reason. If you are using quality media i think you should be able to burn at max speed.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2007
  6. x0pearl0x

x0pearl0x Member

Thanks so much for your help. I'll see what happens without the labels. My OCD will have a hard time with the DVDs not labeled, though. Hardy har. I might have to look into that lightscrybe (sp?) er something. (My OCD is pretty bad). I am surprised that the labels would make them all go wrong in just about the same place, that's why I didn't really consider that as an option to my problem. Course, as I sit here watching Eragon, it's perfect thus far, no label. I also tried burning it at 4X to see what would happen.

The only reason I asked about the audio is that it seems to have a better quality percentage if I remove some of the extra audio. Trial and error, I suppose.

Thanks for helping me out with the links. I appreciate your support and assistance!

Best Regards!

7. res2cue

res2cue Guest

one of the best systems I have seen for labeling (although I don't have it) is the printers that print the labels directly onto the disc, just like the original. Epson has these printers, although I don't know the name of it. Again, I will search for links.

Edit:

here is a link regarding the printers- here

if you do a generic search for paper labels you will find many threads regarding your problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2007
  8. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Join the label club, "Clink" as a charter member years ago I was so happy to have nice looking backups that looked great going into the mini van's DVD player. However, they tend to warp, peel, and delaminate over time, especially when exposed to heat and humidity. Also if not properly centered on the disk, they vibrate and wobble, making it hard for the laser to track accurately. Now, I am a sharpie junkie, but may break down and buy an Epson printer to print directly on DVD's.
    Soaking the affected label clad disks in warm soapy water will allow you to peel them off the top surface of the disk. Trust me, as long as you don't scratch the top surface of the disk you'll be fine. Let me know how it turns out.

9. res2cue

res2cue Guest

many of us have made this label mistake. I too found myself running them under water and removing the labels on multiple discs. The silver lining is that they do still work afterwards.

10. x0pearl0x

x0pearl0x Member

YA'LL are so WONDERFUL! Gonna go soak some DVDs. Will be so happy if this is what the prob is! (and so frustrated. hate wearing a kick me sign and finding out it was such a simple problem!) Will be thrilled if'n I don't have to REDO all those DVDs!

Thanks again. Will let ya know if this resolves the problem!

11. res2cue

res2cue Guest

good luck.