1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anydvd and Clonedvd2 Too Good

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by taylor30, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Wildrat

Wildrat Guest

When netflix gets it, I'll have King Kong also.

2. CModder

CModder Member

Anything under 10 minutes is a waste of time takes me 5-10 minutes using anydvd,clonedvd works great well worth buying it :)

3. dganch50

dganch50 Member

THANKS,
    i am currently using a trial version of clone DVD2 and any DVD and am considering buying them. before i tried these trial versions i was frustrated trying to burn DVDs. in the last couple of days i have read comments and suggestions from all of you and i have to say THANKS!! all of you have helped me so much.

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@dganch50

Glad to hear you like these programs, I feel it is the best money I ever spent on a progam. Don't forget that the ripper is included in AnyDVD and works very well. Used it for Narnia and it cleaned up the files great.

5. dani21p

dani21p Guest

Ok Im having a big problem Im hoping you guys might be able to help I purchase Anydvd and Clonedvd2 about 6 months ago and let me tell you it works great I have been able to make copys of my own dvds greatly never any flaws and thats unsing any type of media on my Pioneer Dvr-109, the media I have used is Verbatim. Memorex,sony, and even hp media. Well just recently i dont know what happen but My clonedvd will not burn on any Media it keeps Saying Media Error, or Please insert a blank disc this is after it ips to hard drive then begins to burn into media. Know i do know for sure its not the Nedia since it has burn this media Before, Im currently using Sony Dvdr and Memorex DVdr. Sometimes when it does go through its burns into disc but as it is ready to finalize the disc and say its inserting buffers it freezes and doesnt say disc was completed sucessfully, My drive at this point is completely frozen and wont even open so then I have reboot. Dont understand I have not done anything diff so why would this be happening some help would be appreciate it, The movies it has done this to me with is Derailed, Mine yours, and ours, and Domino, .

6. Wildrat

Wildrat Guest

Try updating the firmware to your burner

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

and few thing you can do..

uninstall and reinstall BOTH clonedvd 2 and anydvd BUT make sure you do a clean reinstall meaning do a disc cleanup defragging and cleaning your registry ,reboot your machine then reinstall the latest verison of both programs.

then make sure your firmware is up to date

use better media memorex is a big NO NO ,Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim or stuff that codes out as TY is the media to use.

also make sur you dont have programs that conflit with anydvd which would be dvd43,any drag to disc programs like roxio or nero INCD theses can cause all kinds of problems

8. Wildrat

Wildrat Guest

Is TDK media anygood?

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

NO ,its usally crap media ,if your going to buy at a store look for Fujifilm or Sony DVD+R 8x thats (Made In Japen)important<<< theses will code out as Taiyo Yuden or get Verbatim

10. Wildrat

Wildrat Guest

I bought a new burner from the local computer shop a couple of days ago. It is a Liteonit brand, It is an internal drive. I installed it in my other computer so I could free up my laptop, and the other computer has more memory and a new 200 gig hd. I can't get the piece of krap to work. Anyone have any ideas, besides removing it, bring it back, go to another store and get a drive that the name is familiar?

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Lite-On are great drives. do you see it in "My Computer" ?? and is it hooked up right check your connections

12. Wildrat

Wildrat Guest

Yes it is in my computers, I've tried burning with it, it gets about half done and quits writing stating their is a media error, I have tried it on different speeds. When the computer is first booted anydvd says it cannot read from the drive for a variety of possible reasons, 1. it's an rpc2 drive, whatever that means,2.it has not been assigned a region code, and a couple of other reasons. Anydvd also popped up a couple of times and said the drive had somekind of non repairable error. This is possibly something to do with the above. Clone dvd does not even see it, I have to browse and choose, then it says it has css protection.
    I have looked for firmware/drivers for the drive and have found none available for it.
    I have removed the drive and boxed it up to bring back to the store.
    Should I do an exchange, or get my money back and go buy a different drive from elseware.
    Currently I am using a Sony dual rw, dual layer external with my laptop, I want an internal for one of my desktops since it will have more memory, and a bigger HD. Hope this makes since.
    Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2006
  13. nero_123

nero_123 Regular member

It takes me about 25 to 35 mins to make a backup with clonedvd and anydvd,is that good or bad?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

wildrat i would exchange the drive looks like you have a bad on,if you do decide to get a different brand Plextor is tops BenQ is good also

nero thats a little long but in the ballpark depending on how much memory your have and your CPU it takes me about 11 to 12 mintues for shorter moives and 20 to 25 minites for longer movies with clonedvd and anydvd but i have a really good machine per my sig

15. Wildrat

Wildrat Guest

I went back and exchanged the drive, the new drive is having the same problem with anydvd and clonedvd. I may go ahead and format my c drive and load xp from scratch and see if that cures the problem. I am having a couple of other issues also with a couple of other programs, like mailwasher and something else, can't remember right now. I see no reason for it not to work with anydvd and clonedvd, so I will just do a clean install of xp and go from there. I bought some +R media, which I am trying now after it just had another write error using clonedvd and -R media.

I said above with anydvd and clonedvd, it is having problems when other programs are used also.
    It also had a write error with the new media.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2006
  16. 923blue

923blue Member

I also can't seem to get AnyDvd and clonedvd to burn movies in less than an hour. After turning off all services, and defragging the c:, I was able to burn some movies in 50 minutes but generally not. My DMA remains on on the uj-840 but one is always off on the uj-846, hence why i am only using the uj-840 at the moment.

my system: Windows Intel pentium m XP PRO service pack 2; 80GB harddrive (50 free); 1500 MHz 1GB RAM; matshita (panasonic uj-840D and uj-846B - no big improvement between the two)

I need help - If I could burn a move in half an hour, i would be supremely grateful to those that made it possible.

cheers

17. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I don't understand the need for speed you all seem to have. The only movies you will possibly copy in 1/2 hour will be those smaller single layer dvd movies that will fit on a single layer blank without any compression. Most other dual layer movies will take about 45 minutes to an hour to back up. You may cut a few minutes off by using 16x blank media but you take the risk of burn errors. I never burn faster than 4x regardless of the rated speed of my media and 1 hr time doesn't concern me at all. The reason being all my burned backups will play in almost any player I put them in. The old saying that SPEED KILLS can apply to burned dvds as well.

Jerry

18. henryting

henryting Regular member

923blue,
    If you want clonedvd to speed up the process set the preferred speed at the output method of clonedvd to max but that is not advisable.

19. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

With the newer media the 4x speed actually gives a lower quality than burning halfthe speed of the rated disc. A double layer at 2.5x takes 47 minutes and a single layer at 8x takes 22 minutes using any dvd and cloneusing up to date firmware and good media.Chris

20. Wildrat

Wildrat Guest

I use clonedvd as well as many others, I hit the button and walk away, and come back later. I do look at time elapsed but it's never more than 15 minutes, usually around 10-11 minutes. That's using my laptop. Different machines are going to do different things. If you look above you can see I am having problems with one of my desktops and anydvd/clonedvd/liteonit dvd burner. They don't like each other.

Now I have another problem with that desktop. I set a password on the bios and now my old a** brain can't remember the password or a way around it. I need to boot from a cd so I can start a new install of xp and I can't remember.