1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by djt7728, Feb 27, 2007.

1. djt7728

djt7728 Guest

Hi,
    Will AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter work together. If they are compatable how do you set it up for them to work together. I was told AnyDVD is one of the best software to get around codes. Is it true and is it compatable with DVD Decrypter ?
    Thanks
    D

2. mat0tam

mat0tam Guest

Read the thread in this forum thats 2nd from the top

May help you out it has a section bout differnernt programs and it mentions what woirks well with ANYDVD

hope it helps

{M}{A}{T}{T}

3. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Yes use dvd Shrink ande burn with dvd Decrypter with Anydvd running in the background

4. djt7728

djt7728 Guest

using anydvd with shrink wont casue a conflict. I get a error message to shut it down ?

5. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

If anydvd and Shrink won't work you must use Ripit4me with FixVTS and Shrink and DVD Decrypter for some reason Anydvd updates are getting behind

6. djt7728

djt7728 Guest

do I need to make any modifications to DVD Decryp for it to work with Any DVD ? Or just burn as I would using shrink righ. I just want to be clear on my end
    D

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If you really want to use the programs you are now have and don't want to give RipIt4Me a try then I would suggest the following.

1) rip DVD to hard drive with DVD Decrypter. Just make sure AnyDVD is on while you do this there is no need to do anything special with Decrypter. Again just make sure you see the little fox in the system tray.
    2) Close AnyDVD after ripping
    3) Run your files (from your hard drive) through DVD Shrink and save as an ISO
    4) Burn the ISO with ImageBurn

As an extra step and precaution I would run those files threw VixVTS before running them into Shrink you can get that program here FixVTS download it only takes a couple of minutes and can save you some heart ache later.

Cheers

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  8. djt7728

djt7728 Guest

I've backed up Departed and using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. It is playing fine on one player and just stopped and foze while watching on another. I'm using sony dvd player and I backed it up on a blank sony disc. It froze on my bose system. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why it's still freezing? Could it be my burners themselves? How can I check or is it somthing else ?
    Help!

9. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Use Verbatim dvdr-, Sony disc skip freeze and have those lego looking things I know but SONY THEY ARE GREAT sorry their disc suck

10. 2colors

2colors Guest

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that you should uncheck "check for structure protection" and change interface to "ElbyCDIO" when using DvdDecrypter with AnyDvd.

11. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

never heard that

12. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Correct.
    Changing to Elby Interface helps because thats the interface AnyDVD uses.
    Unticking the "check structure protection" helps because that keeps DVD Decrypter from stepping on the toes of AnyDVD doing its job of breaking down protections.

13. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

Absolutely right.Best combo around.

14. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Mine was already unchecked so I never checked it that why I never heard it. Oh well you learn something every day

15. djt7728

djt7728 Guest

Just so I'm on the same page - By unchecking "Check for Structure" and changing to ElbyCDIO there shouldnt be any issues running DVDCrypter and AnyDVD together correct? Should run fine correct?

16. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

This is how I have mine setup w/ AnyDVD

under the general tab
    *Remove macro protection - unchecked
    *Check for Structure Protection - unchecked

Under the File Tab
    *One the right hand side, theres 7 checkboxes. I have all unchecked besides the last one.

Under the IFO Mode tab
    *Theres a "Options" section of the IFO tab, it has 7 checkboxes. The first one being "Copy IFO File", I have all but the first and last options unchecked.

Under the ISO Mode tab
    *Uncheck all boxes except the "Create MDS File" box

Under the CSS tab
    *Under the CSS Cracking methods select the option of "None"

Under the I/O tab
    *Set the interface to ElbyCDIO

The should essentially let/make AnyDVD do all the work without DVD Decrypter interferring.

17. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If you want to use AnyDVD then I wouldn't even bother with DVD Decrypter at all. You can either rip with AnyDVD itself or just use ImageBurn which is basically the new and improved DVD Decrypter anyway, but of course without the decrypting abilities. You are using AnyDVD to get around the protection anyway.

18. 2colors

2colors Guest

@bbmayo
    Good call, never thought of that. And as always I look forward to your informative comments.

19. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

I thought IMGBurn only ripped to .ISO??? What if I need the files for VOB Blanker or DVD-RB?
    I agree that you could use AnyDVD ripper to do the same thing, but I've had problems with that function before (when it was new) and havent really checked back into it. I know some of the weekly updates they send out addressed a few problems but I am comfortable with this routine.
    Actually, if Ripit4me existed before I bought AnyDVD, I might not have purchased it.
    I stop ripit wizard mode before it goes to DVD Shrink and I have all the files nice and clean ready for DVD-RB instead.