1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anydvd and DvdRegion CSS Free makes my Burner go Crazy!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Argg, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Argg

Argg Regular member

I don't know what happened. I just got my computer back from repair, and The Burner tray wouldn't open. So I had to stick a pin in that little release hole, And it opened, but it wouldn't stay closed.

So I go in and Disconnet the Power Cable and that other cable and Vwala. Problem Sovled

So I get Anydvd and DVD Region thinking everything is fine, and I try the burn DVD and after the first 1 (which failed at like 70 percent) the burning would not even start. I used DVD Clone, DVD Shrink, Nero.

Then I call my Manufacturer and they tell me to use bigfix to donwload the new driver. Then Vwala, it works. 30 Minutes later, it messes up again. (The DVD can't recognize the black DVD or something. And the DVD's are Memorex. Keep in mind all this stuff worked fine before) My Main Problem is that My DVD/RW Drive doesn't recognize that blank DVD are Blank. Sounds like this guy is having the same problem.http://www.demonoid.com/forum/index.php/topic,14300.0.html

So is it possible that anydvd or DVD REgion + CSS Free messed up my settings, or is my DVD Burner Defective, Cuz they will be sending me another one. (By the way, my Anydvd worked fine before I got the virus.)

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I think you got a bad drive.

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

erm? back from repair? what was done? is the cable ok? and pushed in at both ends? as the problem sounds erratic or intermeitent like a lead broke, try a new cable! and check all your settings use the below as a guide!

you say bigfix? was that for firmware upgrade?

===================================

1. Running Programs

Make sure you quit all running background programs, such as anti-virus software.

Windows 95 Users
    Use the Ctrl-Alt-Del function to quit all the programs using the Task Manager, EXCEPT for the Explorer, systray, and your recording software

Windows 98/ME Users
    Select [Start] -> [Run], then input "msconfig". Disable everything under the [Startup] tab, except "system tray'.

Windows 2000/XP Users
    Open the Task Manager, then select the program/s under the [Application] tab, then click [End Task].

2. Drive Connection

Other devices may be interfering with the CD-R/RW drive. Disconnect all other removable devices, then try recording again. If there is still a problem, try the following.

Optimal Hardware Configuration

All hard drives are placed on the Primary IDE, check that the drives are correctly set as master/slave. CD-ROM/CD-R/RW drives are placed on the Secondary IDE, set the recording drive as the "master". If you are using a USB or IEEE devices, disconnect them.

Update your chipset

Windows 95/98/ME Users
    Right click on [My Computer] and select [Properties] from the menu. Click on [Device Manager], then click to open [Hard Disk Controllers]. You will find: the Primary IDE Channel controller, the Secondary IDE Channel controller and a brand name controller, e.g. Intel, SIS, VIA, etc. The brand name controller is what needs to be updated. Please visit their website to obtain these updates.

Windows NT/2000/XP Users
    Right click on [My Computer] and select [Properties] from the menu. Click [Device Manager] on the [Hardware] tab, then click to open the [IDE ATA/ATAPI (hard disk) controllers] section. You will find: the Primary IDE Channel controller, Secondary IDE Channel controller, and a brand name controller, e.g. Intel, SIS, VIA, etc. The brand name controller is what needs to be updated. Please visit their website to obtain these updates.

Configure Windows
    Make sure that your operating system has been fully updated. Visit the Microsoft website to acquire these updates.

3. ASPI Manager

Check your ASPI layer configuration. Your recording program is likely to use the standard windows ASPI layer, which has been replaced by another ASPI layer of yet another recording program. Make sure you have the original windows ASPI layer in use and retry. If the problem persists, contact the drive maker.

4. DMA Settings

Setting DMA mode:

Windows 95/98/ME Users

Right click on [My Computer] and select [Properties] from the menu. Click on [Device Manager], then click on [CD-ROM]. This will expand to show the CD drives on your system. Right click on a drive and select [Properties] from the menu. Click on the [Settings] tab and check that the [DMA] option is enabled. Repeat this procedure for the remaining CD drives.

Win NT/2000/XP Users

Right click on [My Computer] and select [Properties] from the menu. Click [Device Manager] on the [Hardware] tab, then click to open the [IDE ATA/ATAPI (hard disk) controllers] section. You will find: the Primary IDE Channel controller, Secondary IDE Channel controller. Complete the following procedure:

Right click on the Primary IDE controller and select [Properties] from the menu.
    Select the [Advanced Settings] tab. Check that the [Transfer Mode] for both devices is set to [DMA if available].
    Repeat this for Secondary IDE controller.

Note: In some cases older CD-ROM drives will not support DMA mode. In that case please set both devices to PIO mode.

5. Disc

Recording errors often occur when the disc is dirty, or has fingerprints or scratches. If an error occurred during test simulation (before actual recording), clean the disc. If you are getting recording errors, try the following.
    Use a different blank, recordable disc.
    Use a different manufacturer's disc.
    Ensure the disc is clean before recording:
    Remove all fingerprints, dirt, and dust from the shiny side of your disc using a nonabrasive cloth with a mild, nonabrasive soap solution.
    Wipe the disc from the center to the edge of the disc.
    Dry the disc completely.

Error during file verification
    If an error occurred when the files were being verified, record the same files again using a different disc.

Read error when copying a disc
    When copying a disc, if an error occurred while reading data from the original disc, the original disc may be scratched or dirty.
    Try cleaning the disc.
    Remove all fingerprints, dirt, and dust from the shiny side of your disc using a nonabrasive cloth with a mild, nonabrasive soap solution.
    Wipe the disc from the center to the edge of the disc.
    Dry the disc completely.
    Try using a different source drive.
    To change the drive you use to read your disc, click the Change button when asked to insert a source disc into your drive tray.
    Select the drive you wish to use from the drop-down menu.
    Insert your disc into the new drive.
    Try using copying the disc using one drive as both the source and destination drive.
    When you use your recorder to both read and write to your disc, B's Recorder GOLD creates an image file of the entire disc to your hard drive and then copies that temporary file onto your blank disc. This can be helpful if the drive you are using to read your original disc is slow or unreliable.

If the problem persists, contact the drive maker.

6. Drive

If you have tried Actions 1 through 5 above, there may be a problem with your drive. Contact the drive maker with details of the error code. If the 5th and 6th digit of the error code is 80 through FF, then the error code is maker unique. The descriptions of these error codes differ depending on the maker.

4. Argg

Argg Regular member

Thanx man. The guy in that Demonoid Link tried like 4 out of those 6. And my stuff is already set on Slave. And I already disconnected the Cables once. Once to stop it from opening and closing by it'self, and once so it would burn properly.

I think out of like 20 DVD's I got 4 sucessfull burns, And 6 actuall attemps.

I was just wondering if Css Region Free or Anydvd somehow messed up my settings becasue I don't want it to mess up the settings on the drive my manufacuter will replace the "bad" one with

If I had to guess, The problem I would guess the FEd Ex Guy kicked my computer box all the way to my front door cuz he had his slong in his hand at the time. Cuz my face was broken off too. They sent me another one of those also.

5. gamename

gamename Regular member

i tried running other progs like dvd43 and css rf, with any dvd and it was a nightmare. so i deleted the others and kept anydvd, and life has been great ever since.

6. Argg

Argg Regular member

Sad thing is, I didn't try to burn anything before I put in AnyDVD. So I can't even be sure if that was a problem at all. But this guy had a similar problem. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/182011

My problem is not reading dvd's. And I'ts capable of burning 8 percent of the time. It's just that My DVD/RW drive doesnt seem to recognize the blank dvd's. If I Put one in the little green light keeps blinking for like 4 minutes, then it asks me what action I wan't to take.

That only happens to media with info on it. And When I gets to the point where it's supposed to start burning, It A. Never Starts, or B. Fails Immediately.

I got deleted CSS Free and ran anydvd alone and visa versa. I deletey the Registy Key before I deleted the actual Program. I deleted DVDClone. I had all the lastest version. WhatDeHeck.

Btw, Bifix=Firmware.

7. Argg

Argg Regular member

I just read by some dude CDFreaksforum that the cracked version of his messed his up.

8. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

You shouldn't have to use both "Any DVD and DVD Region Free+CSS", either one of them with their latest update running in the background is fine. Region Free doesn't like Any DVD or vice versa. As far as my understanding, both of these softwares will run in the background removing the "protection code" in order for you to do a successful back up. However, for some reason you want to keep both, then simply turn one program off in prior to backing up your movie - this should be easy.

Now, getting back to your dvd-burner and it's drive. I think it's possibly you might have some kind of "bug, malware or ware virus". Have "Norton, McCaffee or any of your ani-virus scanning programs" to scan your dvd drive due to the fact that it's behaving improperly. Perhaps, you might want to try to uninstall it's driver, re-start your computer, then Windows will detect the dvd-burner and reinstall it for you. My last suggestion is to do a completed re-formatted on your computer.

9. Argg

Argg Regular member

I've done a couple of complete system Virus Scans and nothing comes up.

Malware (What's That) I'll check.

But It might be the burner and it might not. Cuz it's acting better now.

But it just failed at like 90 percent 2 times in a row, 3rd time bieng the charm, and Once it stopped at 48 percent and was doing nothing.