1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anydvd clonedvd - should i purchase?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by peteacher, Jan 2, 2006.

1. peteacher

peteacher Member

I am new to this whole backing up thing. I have read good things about these programs and was wondering if it is something I should purchase. I understand that anydvd runs in the background, but is clonedvd easy to use? And do I need a special program for burning? I am not familiar with slysoft and not sure if I should enter such personal information in order to purchase the products. (Not to mention the fact that I would prefer no crazy people knocking on my door to sue me.) Any information would be greatly appreciated!

2. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

big YES.

3. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Another BIG YES. (echo,echo,echo......

4. 9mmruger1

9mmruger1 Regular member

I would have to agree. These are two excellent programs that are updated as new encryptions are found. Usually within 24 hours of getting the IFO report.

Well worth the money.

Cheers.

5. ikara

ikara Member

[bold]YES[/bold] [bold]YES[/bold] [bold]YES[/bold]

They work really well together, Clone DVD is really easy to use.
    It also handles the burning process for you.

You won't need anything else normally.

6. solamf30

solamf30 Member

I use both and rather enjoy them for the simple fact they are less demanding on my CPU than other programs plus it makes great back-ups quickly and easily, but my recommendation for you is try the 21 day free trial out and see how well it works for you. I think that is the best test of software is how well it works for you.

7. jagfar

jagfar Member

I have had these for less than 30 days, but have backed up several of my DVDs in my collection and have not had one bit of trouble...

I tried some other software packages that claimed to be easier to use, but was disappointed in quality of end product... This combo ROCKS!

8. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

Where to u type the registeration code for Anydvd? Because when i click on it it says ur 30 day trial has expired. Any Suggestions?

9. solamf30

solamf30 Member

there is no registration code for AnyDVD it is keyfile that you install. When you get the keyfile through your e-mail, ensure you copy to disk as they will not replace a lost key.

10. pulsar

pulsar Active member

"anydvd clonedvd - should i purchase?"

[bold]HELL YES!![/bold]

11. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

AnyDVD & CloneDVD 2? YES, YES,YES!!!!!!! Buy them both at once & SAVE $$$$ too! You'll NEVER regret it!

12. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I agree buy them they are money well spent, just backed up The Cave today using AnyDVD, another crap Sony protected movie. Came out perfect.

13. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

Yeah arniebear, The Cave was Heavily Protected, But...
    CloneDVD 2 & AnyDVD let me back the movie up in an amazing
    17 minutes, 56 seconds! From start to finish! Whoa! That was the complete back-up process! It encoded in about 10 minutes!
    edited for a typo. :) Ooops.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  14. DakotaFan

DakotaFan Regular member

I echo what everone in here has said... YES!
    AnyDVD is a great tool that can handle any movie out there. Definately worth the $$$!!!
    Make sure you keep it up to date, though. New encryptions come out all the time and Slysoft is always on top of things. You'll know when there is a new update because when you start AnyDVD, it will let you know when a new version is available and will ask you if you wish to download it. The latest version is 5.7.3.1 and it can handle all known protections including Sony ArCoSS and Macrovision RipGuard.
    Also, make sure you save your serial number onto a disc or something just in case you need to reinstall it again. If you lose it, Slysoft won't give you a new one. You'll have to repurchase the software.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  15. dvd_craze

dvd_craze Regular member

how does clone dvd 2 shrink the movies if dvd shrink ever fails?

16. bunnyrip

bunnyrip Regular member

Go here & download it & try it for yourself. CloneDVD 2 has one of the Best Transcoders available anywhere! It "shrinks" better than anything I've seen. Go here. http://www.slysoft.com/en/
    You can download CloneDVD 2 & AnyDVD & Try them FREE for 21 days. That's right, you can use them an unlimited amount for 21 days. After that, either remove the progam/programs or buy . I bought BOTH CloneDVD 2 & AnyDVD within DAYS fo the trial. A couple of days was all it took for me. These 2 programs together have been unbeatable!
    Noteworthy: If you buy BOTH, you SAVE a lot of money! SlySoft gives a discount. They also provide updates for life with AnyDVD & Updates for a year for CloneDVD 2. And yes, they do provide tech support too!
    SlySoft Rules!

17. solamf30

solamf30 Member

CloneDVD 2 is constantly updated unlike DVD Shrink which I still use on some occasions, but as the creator of DVD Shrink is now working for Nero, DVD Shrink will not be updated. I don't know the burn engine that DVDClone 2 uses (I'm sure senior member might know the answer to that one as Nero did not indicate any new burner drivers), but you will not in my experience need a seperate DVD driver and will "backup" whatever movie you want. It will shrink DVD 9 to a DVD-5 or create a dual layer disc if your drive is capapble However, if you have, and has also been my experience if you have AnyDVD running in the background, and trying to use DVD Shrink as long as you have DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter you should be able to make whatever backup you are trying to make. I just find AnyDVD plus CloneDVD 2 combo to be more user friendly plus less demanding on my computer a better choice for people starting out. It is supported with constant updates with tech support, as well as support personnel which visit these forums, but also a programs that makes high quality back-ups which are better or comparable to other software out ther

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  18. dvd_craze

dvd_craze Regular member

is there a spot in clonedvd 2 where i can change the shrink settings to keep shrink compression to 4300 mb like dvd shrink can.This way here i dont burn to close to the edge?

19. solamf30

solamf30 Member

@craze

Yes, after you choose what you want to do in CloneDVD, whether it be "Copy DVD Titles", "Clone DVD" or "Write Existing Data", it has DVD-5 picked by default. Just scroll down where it says DVD-5 to "Custom" and then set your target size

20. halfhere

halfhere Regular member

you would be absolutely crazy to NOT purchae these. they will be the best two investments in software that you will ever make. i will never use any other dvd software, and stand by these two programs, anydvd and clonedvd, give it a shot. clonedvd is super easy to use, and no one will knock on your door, because where the software company is, it is legal. the u.s. has no jurisdiction there.