1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anydvd clonedvd - should i purchase?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by peteacher, Jan 2, 2006.

1. UHALL

UHALL Regular member

Contact customer support and inquire about your problem. Don't try ebay go to slysoft direct. If you go to any dvd web site go to contact there is a drop down menu with options one of them is purchase problems.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  2. UHALL

UHALL Regular member

If you look on this page there is links that should take you to the website.

3. drivethru

drivethru Member

Ya I checked with customer support... debit cards are not accepted as they are a direct transfer from a bank accnt. credit cards only as processing allows for international transfers avoiding problems with selling their product to some countries due to copying laws.

Used my CC and got it ordered.

Thanks for the replies

4. bendis

bendis Guest

hello all, sorry to hijack the thread but have one question: which should i buy - DVD-cloner or DVD-X-Copy?

price seems to be comparable at this time.

i hear good things on both but would trust the opinions of ppl who actually used these programs.
    please let me know and thanks everyone!

5. drivethru

drivethru Member

I bought DVD-X platinum that comes with Video Vault for like 90 bucks, run anyDVD and have never had a problem backing up a dvd. I usually backup 10-30 DVDs per week.

6. bendis

bendis Guest

@drivethru
    Thanks for the info!
    I've just checked with both DVD cloner and DVD X plat. and they go for just under 60 bucks right now.

Currently, I use the freebies: DVD Decrypter and Shrink DVD to clone my DVDs but it's a bit awkward to make more than one copy of one piece (don't ask...) so I thought one of the paid programs would do this easier...
    What's your opinion?

Sorry, forgot to ask what's the dvd Vault program for? Thx.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2006
  7. drivethru

drivethru Member

basically videovault bought dvd-x and is rolling all of the features of both programs into video vault. for now they give you both programs in the bundle. videovault offers backup options as well as importing video to you HD and exporting video to DVD. DVD-x only offers backup. at first, I used both programs, but now I use videovault almost exclusively... I usually do entire movies with all subtitles and languages onto single layer discs without noticing poor quality except in bonus material. both programs support dual-layer, but i am having problems during the layer change. I am not sure what the problem is and with the price of dual-layer media, i havent been motivated to fix it as I only use single layer media with good results.

8. bendis

bendis Guest

that's good to know! thanks lots for your input!
    i think i'm going to buy as per your recommendation :) and because i just found a little blurb on the dvd-cloner faq page that says:

"How do I upgrade DVD-Cloner? After installing an upgrade, do I need to register DVD-Cloner again?

Before installing the upgrade, the previous version of DVD-Cloner must be uninstalled. Once the uninstall is complete, you may install the upgrade. The upgrade must be registered to obtain access to all software functionality. If you have any questions about installing or registering an upgrade, please click here to email us."

... not too sure if i want to be bothered with re-registering every time there is an upgrade available (unless they refer to a completely new version but, if it's an upgrade to fix a bug, it should be hassle-free, shouldn't it?)

did you have any issues with getting your dvd-x plat. upgrades in?

9. bendis

bendis Guest

CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!!!! just tried to buy the dvd x copy platinum online and there was a message that they "have finally exhausted our inventory of DVD X Copy software" and they're working on a new version and to put my name down on the list for it when it's available... dung!!! i need it now...

10. drivethru

drivethru Member

x-software hasn't released any updates since I have purchased my copies... but I was impressed with the email confirmations as they had quite alot of info in them about registering, downloading and upgrading in the future...

i would check out video vault as it has more features including recoding to pvp players and saving to HDD. google for some kind of cupons for the site... i got like 15 bucks of mine doing that. It doesn't look like they are offering the two as a package anymore but like i said, I only use videovauld anyway.

11. bendis

bendis Guest

cool, will try that. thanks for your help, drivethru!!! see ya around.

12. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@bendis

If you want to spend money on software then buy something good, that works and is updated. In essence use your money on AnyDVD and CloneDVD which is distributed by Slysoft. The programs are constantly updated, work well and has great support. Why would you want to waste your money on an old program like Xcopy, which is not updated and will not do any of the new movies. I know I own this program and do not recommend anyone buy it. As for DVD Cloner that is another ripoff you would be better to stay with free programs which work just as well. For free programs DVDFab Decrypter, DVD Shrink and ImgBurn to burn are excellent. For pay you cannot beat Nero, and AnyDVD with CloneDVD. I guarantee you buy Xcopy you will be back at the forum with problems, do a search and you will see how many people cannot get the program to work well anymore. Just my two cents :)

13. bendis

bendis Guest

What do you think of Video Vault?

Figured, before I actually support development of any software company by buying their product, I might as well get all the info I can get on it :)
    Thanks!

14. boonflop

boonflop Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2006
  15. drivethru

drivethru Member

free huh? well that is cool if you dont want to support the development of products like this and take advantage of companies that are helping you out by offering good software for a very reasonable price.

16. boonflop

boonflop Guest

Support the companies!!!!!!! Support the companies!!!!!!! dont make me laugh. Double standard hypocrite fool you are by saying that. I'm really sure you ran right off and paid for every movie, game, program in your library. Thats why you are at afterdawn forums, right????

17. drivethru

drivethru Member

dude this stuff is as close to open source as it gets... you couldn't code it yourself and neither can I. The minimal fee goes to tech support. Also I am in school for computer information systems and am studying cryptography and use of these programs is intended in aiding me in my learning.

And Yes, I did pay for every dvd in my library. I don't support getting charged 20 bux for a dvd but i don't support breaking the law either.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  18. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Quote;

"Support the companies!!!!!!! Support the companies!!!!!!! dont make me laugh. Double standard hypocrite fool you are by saying that. I'm really sure you ran right off and paid for every movie, game, program in your library. Thats why you are at afterdawn forums, right????"

Just because you pirate movies & games does not mean everyone else here does. You then insult a fellow member, that is against forum rules & can get you banned.

[bold]Talk like the above will not be tolerated here on Afterdawn.[/bold]

If SlySoft did not get the resources, then none of us would be able to back up our bought movies, then where would we be?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  19. drivethru

drivethru Member

@pulsar

word.. good to hear ppl responsibly using resources.

20. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Yep, I hear ya! I hate it when someone comes along & accuses others of piracy. Calling you "fool" is not wise here either, the mods frown upon it, big time.