1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anydvd clonedvd - should i purchase?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by peteacher, Jan 2, 2006.

1. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

boonflop, lightning struck

2. wombat53

wombat53 Member

I am a total newbie. I just need to know which programs I need to buy to be able to copy DVD's. The DVD rewriter I ahve just had insatlled came with Nero. I have tried several times to copy dvd's without success. I always get the error message that the destination disc is not big enough I know this to be false as some of the DVD'sI have tried to copy are only 2.0GB. I am using Memorex discs. Am i doing something wrong , is it the software or is it the discs I am using. Any help gratefully received

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

don't use memorex, use ty or verbatium

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Oh! Boonflop was indeed a flop!

5. ireland

ireland Active member

Just info
    Please I do not want to start a war..and I am not sayiny to use Memorex..

There are three of us that’s been testing Memorex for way over two years..

Started out with 2x up to 8x and had no problems playing the movies on any of our players.

The Memorex..cmc Are from the days of 321 studios and those play great even today..

I still test Memorex ,and I do use ty or verbatium

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

It has been said for a long time that some of the memorex media is OK, depends on the manufacturer. The problem lies in that you do not know who made it until you get it home to scan it! It's all a question of risk assessment I guess!
    It's only the people who [bold]swear[/bold] by a certain method/piece of hard/software, media etc that can cause ructions.
    Ireland, you are most definitely [bold]not[/bold] one of those chaps/chapesses(?)

7. drivethru

drivethru Member

I am partial to verbatim but as they are usually higher in price and sometimes not available in my small town, I have used avariety of other media. I currently have a spindle of imation and a spindle of dynex... I burn at half of the media's speed and rarely run into problems.

8. bendis

bendis Guest

Personally never had any issue with Memorex brand (blank CDs and DVDs); prefer DVD+R but at the moment half-way done through a spindle of a 100 DVD-R (of Memorex) - no problems whatsoever. Had a spindle of 50 of Maxell before that and nothing but problems with them...