1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD/CloneDVD2 + Vista/DVD Drive

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by jtan189, Apr 12, 2007.

1. jtan189

jtan189 Regular member

I've searched around and can't find anything that directly addresses this issue:
    I recently upgraded from my XP Home Edition desktop to my new Vista Premium notebook. I also bought the newest editions of both AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. I was able to backup my movies fine on my old desktop, but now I seem to be encountering problems. AnyDVD seems to load up fine, but when I try copying my disc using CloneDVD2, things don't work so well. My DVD drive makes this weird noise (kind of loud vibrating, buzzing sound). Sometimes the programs stop working there. Other times I get about halfway into the movie and it starts making that noise again, and then freezes and I have to shut down the program. The discs are clean. I'm not sure if this is a Vista incompatibility/DRM problem or if it is my DVD drive that is the problem. I'd like to note that my DVD drive also has some problems playing discs (usually backups). I was also unable to run Halo and StarCraft: Brood War on this notebook (although this could also be due to vista). Thanks for any help.

2. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

Hi ;-)
    AnyDVD/CloneDVD2 aren't the problem here.
    It is likely one of the other two.
    One the system is tied up by Vista & it's demands.
    Your DVDRW is on its way out.
    Need more system info.
    CPU/Memory/DVDRW etc?

3. jtan189

jtan189 Regular member

So does AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 work fine with Vista and any DRM it enforces?
    I agree that this error is quite possibly resulting from some kind of problem with my drive. But it shouldn't because it's brand new. But I guess it could still be the problem.

My notebook should be able to handle pretty much anything thrown at it:
    vista home premium
    intel core 2 duo 2.00Ghz
    2GB memomry
    160GB 5400rpm sata hard drive
    lightscribe super multi 8X DVD+/-RW w/Double Layer drive

and that should cover anything you need to know...
    btw, thanks for the help

4. mrdvd1

mrdvd1 Member

im havin same prob but im runnin the new any dvd and on other comp takes about 15min to burn and on other comp takes 35min tryed changin burners but same effect u think i should redo my harddrive
    runnin 768 mb ram and a 80gig can some one help me thanks