1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD is acting weird

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by sillycybe, Jan 8, 2007.

1. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

I have AnyDVD (6.1.0.2) start in the background when I boot my PC.
    When I put in a DVD to rip with either Recode2 or Shrink, I get various error messages and the DVD's won't rip. I then shutdown AnyDVD, start it up again immeadiately and then it works fine. Anyone ever hear of this problem. Thanks!

2. onya

onya Guest

sillycybe, You know, I havn't used AnyDVD since the new update, so I'm using it and shrink right now...so far no probs. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers.

3. ireland

ireland Active member

uninstall anydvd and then reinstall..and use the anydvd uninstaller..
    its in the slysoft folder..windows explorer,c-drive,program files,slysoft..anydvd.....
    when uninstalling it will ask ye to keep or remove the key..
    make sure ye keep the key..

4. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

@onya

this was happening way before the new update...thanks!

@ireland

will try...let you know soon! Thanks !

5. elby

elby Member

If you would be so kind to tell us what these "various error messages" are, we might in fact be able to help you.

6. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

Here are the error messages I receieve.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I get this exact same error (sorry, not so various)every time until I shut down AnyDVD, and restart the program, then no troubles at all. It happens with old and new release DVD's. It's more an annoyance than anything because I can make it work . Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  7. onya

onya Guest

@sillycybe,AnyDVD worked well with shrink. All I did was insert the DVD, waited just a moment for the red fox head to"blink"(in system tray) then opened shrink, pressed open disc then pressed Analysis,message appears "ANALYSIS NOT REQUIRED DISC NOT ENCRYPTED" Then pressed back up, pointed to my usual folder and away she went. Is this precisely what you do?

Cheers.

8. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

@onya

yep...that how i do it...I've been doing this for years. It's just a recent problem thats developed. I have NO problem backing up DVD's, I just have to take this extra step now, but thanks for the help.

@ireland

I tried what you suggested...still have the same problem. I may just do a re-format of the PC (I have it slipstreamed anyways, so it doesn't take to long) and see if that doesn't fix it

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  9. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

@sillycybe

Do not reformat your hard drive. Try installing DVDFab Decrypter to rip the files to your hard drive and then doing the DVD shrink compression. Also make sure you still have AnyDVD in the background.

10. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

@borhan9, tried it as you said, got an error message, shutdown AnyDVD, started it back up and then it works.

Re-formatting my HD is no big deal...since I installed the 150GB Raptor, install is sick fast...plus I've made a slipstreamed OS install disc or I have a Ghost copy which will only take minutes to reload...thanks for the help all, will report back when I do the deed!

Silly

11. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

I get the exact same error. Have been for months.

I have started to rip to my HDD first, and then use Recode. Always get that error from the disc though, but only when I am using my burner as the output source.... Works fine when the target is the HDD.

12. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Did you pay for that program? well if you do have problem with a anydvd they fix it in a next day or so. EVerything there is a update i wait 2days to see if anyone is having with that update.

13. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

Of course I paid for AnyDVD. It is more work to try and find a working stolen version then to just pay for it one time.

I update it every time it says that an update is available, and this issue never goes away.