1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ANYDVD, mucho Problemos... :)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by monument, Apr 13, 2005.

1. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Bilbo65! Maybe I should have searched first! Actually today I never even went to the home page 1st - I usually do.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I would hold off on the New version of Anydvd until the bugs are out. Version 5.0 was a beta test version so they tend to have problems. My copy would not decrypt. They are thinking a possible Nero conflict.

Jerry

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

I always like to start by seeing what's new on the AD home page. Lots of good stuff... ;-)

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I think I will wait too. My personal fav combo is AnyDVD and Nero Recode. After reading the posts through Bilbo's link there does seem to be a problem with Nero not liking that 64 bit. Of course they did offer a workaround. Hopefully they will work it out before the final release.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah I will leave the Beta testing to other's. They don't pay me to test out there stuff, and I have bad experiance using beta versions before so I will let you all iron out all the bugs before I get that version.. ;-)

7. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Should be no problem unless you're using a 64 bit system. Problem appears to be with linking with Nero....according to CDFreaks site.

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Like I said you go right ahead and use it. I have no problems with the version I am using right now so I don't update it until I need to anyway...

If it aint broke don't fix it is what i say :)

9. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

bbmayo,
    I agree with you. I don't have anything on the horizon to purchase anyway. By the time I do, all should be sorted out. ;-)

10. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I'm running a 32bit system and version 5.0 doesn't work. I've played with many of the settings suggested for the 64bit fix but they don't work. Once I reinstall the last version it works great as always. I tried downloading it again, still no difference. Guess I'll just wait for now.

Jerry

11. squizzle

squizzle Active member

My bad everyone, I was in a hurry and I read it wrong. It's CloneCD that's up to 5.2.

I'm gonna give the beta version a go, see how it treats me.

12. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

anydvd beta version does not work for me either, my other computer is a 64 bit system and the "linking problem w/ nero" is definitely there as others have stated. i tried the beta anydvd on my 32 bit system, and like jerry, no go either. reinstalled latest non-beta version and all is well again. im going to wait like bbmayo until all the bugs and glitches are hammered out, then perhaps, i'll try it again. beta versions have always caused me grief, so i stay away in any software platform PERSONALLY, until the final release version is available. good day to all of you guys happy burning~

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

thought i'd subscribe to this thread so i can see how you lot get on with the beta version (i'm sure some of you anydvd geeks will cave in and use it) and to see if original poster can get a decent resolution. My recipe of Shrink, Decrypter are still still hanging in there for me. With Nero though i finally had to admit defeat and upgrade; (i was sticking to tried & tested Nero 6.6.0.0 but when i defected back to XP after some years absense, XP point-blank refused to install 6.6.0.0 so plumped for 6.6.0.8a). So far it's working fine, especially as i bought new HDD and reinstalled everything from scratch. No problems due to SP2 either yet.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  14. arniebear

arniebear Active member

After doing some research as psoted on

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/180872

I got answer from slysoft yesterday to an email about this new version and they state it will be released to public nest week. Hope the get the bugs straightened out as it does not work for me.

15. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Tried out the Beta versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD 2 on two movies this morning. Both programs produced good copies with no problems. Movies were Man on Fire and Elektra. I was ready to reload previous versions if it screwed up.

16. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@bilbo65

Thanx for info. Good to hear it's working for you, I think I will try to reinstall.

17. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

@arniebear,

Good luck...:)

18. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Well I did a couple of movies today and didn't run into any problems except this: When I inserted the movie, the AnyDVD info window didn't pop up like it usually does and Decrypter said it couldn't rip it because of copy protection. I am running AnyDVD 5.0 and Decrypter 3.5.4. The movies that did this were Bad Education and Being Julia. It also locked my drive. I had to reboot the PC, then AnyDVD saw the movie and Decrypter ran just fine.

Anyone else experience anything similar? I'm not sure if it did this because of a bug in the beta version.